• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Adventure Tire Shootout

Skip ahead to the 10 minute mark for ratings

STINKO

https://youtu.be/gjtgLz1LjnE

Still waiting for you to send me a set Bill?
    My Mitas E07+ only came in 10th in the 50/50 test, but I
    like them for what I use them for on mostly gravel roads.

Comment

I've just shod my GS with Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires which were rated pretty highly in the 50/50 category and my experience so far is that they make nearly insignificant noise compared to the Michelin Wilds I just took off. My GS is going to spend a lot miles on the road this year but with some forest road mixed in so I wasn't quite ready to go to a 80/20 tire yet.

Comment

I still like my STRs. Does well offroad as well.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Shinko's never heard about these, might look into them

Comment

My new GSA came with Michelin Anakee Adventures on. At initial inspection, the tires did not appear to have much of rubber, the tread was not deep enough. Or so I felt. Rides beautifully, can scrape pegs, no issues at all. Love it. Guys at ADV report fairly long mileage, so we will see. No major howling.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Well, I just did what was previously unthinkable to me. I rode some of the MABDR from Maryland up through PA with tires I had over 6,500 mies on. The route has mostly really well groomed gravel forest roads when off the pavement but there were still a lot of miles of wet slick and soft dirt road, rocky sections (in Bald Eagle) and some really great twisty paved roads. This ride satisfied me that these Trailmax Mission tires are the best, most long lasting ADV tire by a very long shot over anything else I've used. They hooked up on the dirt sections as good as my buddy's KLR with a Dunlop D606 on the rear.

Truthfully, it makes no sense to me that a tire that looks like these, are as quiet and vibration free as these, can perform like they do off road or last as long as they do. I've put them to the test in every riding condition and they continue to impress, now with over 7,200 miles on them. Tires that still look like this after nearly 7,000 miles just might be cheaper than even the Stinkos if I have to replace them half as often:

Rear:

Front:

I've never gotten more than about 3,000 miles out of a dirt worthy tire. These are freakin' magical.

Comment

Working...
              X