X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R18 to debut April 3rd

R18 to

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/2021-bmw...165757431.html

I like the old school naked look, not so much the Ultra Classic look.

Comment

If Harley and Indian riders are BMW's target, I just can't see the faithful American cruiser types going for this any more than the R1200C abomination... time will tell, I suppose.

Comment

Well said Charlie! I couldn't agree more...especially "R1200C abomination". I test rode an R1200C at Mid-Ohio many years ago. My conclusion was BMW should stick to what they know.
        '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

Comment

It's here and not too bad!
          https://riders.drivemag.com/news/bmw...arley-davidson

Comment

Originally posted by Kneedragger View Post
            If Harley and Indian riders are BMW's target, I just can't see the faithful American cruiser types going for this any more than the R1200C abomination... time will tell, I suppose.
            It's ironic, but the day the R1200C was introduced I had a court appearance in Pomona, California, and it was on April 1, really. In any event whenever I was in the Pomona courthouse I would stop by to say hello to Bob and Dave Brown at Brown Motor Works. Dave pulled out a picture of the R1200C and showed it to me, and I started laughing, hard, and when he asked why, I said something like, "This is an April Fool's day joke, right!" He said it was the newest BMW model, I laughed harder.......

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/bmw-moto...220500628.html

Comment

I have to agree that I don't think this will get a lot of traction with the HD faithful and the buy 'merican folks. I wonder though, how many loyal BMW owners have said at one time or another, "I think I might like to own a cruiser bike someday." The first thing I noticed about it was that there was no place for my halter top and brain bucket wearing bitch to ride. How's a guy supposed to bring home skanks from the bar with no place for them to sit?

Comment

I'll never buy one but I like that in the naked they incorporated some of the design from the really great looking bikes from the early years. That Ultra Classic looking thing, yeah WTF. Like Mitch Hedberg said about all the stuff made from turkey, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, etc., "Just be yourself little brother."

Comment

Here's pictures showing a few of the BMW accessories.
                    skank seats are available
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	R18 Leg Rest (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	833.1 KB
ID:	19299

Click image for larger version

Name:	R18 Leg Rest (2).png
Views:	1
Size:	841.6 KB
ID:	19300
                    Lee
                    Iowa
                    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

I see the Push-Rod Tubes are above the Crankshaft...sacrificing cornering clearance for a dash of exposed Chrome.

How much you wanna bet some dangling piece of clothing (leather fringes comes to mind) will get caught in the exposed Drive Shaft? Injury Lawyers will make themselves wealthy off BMWs lack of foresight here...Chrome will get you home!...or to the Undertaker?
                      '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

Comment

Originally posted by R111S View Post
                        I
                        How much you wanna bet some dangling piece of clothing (leather fringes comes to mind) will get caught in the exposed Drive Shaft?
                        I thought for sure the production model would not have a exposed driveshaft.
                        Over the years a lot of limbs have been lost because of exposed PTO shafts.

Lee
                        Iowa
                        2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• RS530
                          RS530 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would be willing to bet that it will be updated pretty quick with some sort of cover, I’m really surprised there wasn’t some sort of government regulation on having it covered.

Not bad lookin, if you are into this sorta thing.
                        Chattanooga, TN
                        Certified Hooligan.
                        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

I think it looks pretty sharp, although BMW needs to put some sharp looking hard painted bags on it, kinda like the Harleys, I think Harleys hard bags really look sharp, and please BMW, have them open from the top, I hate the fact that BMWs bags open sideways, what an absolute dumb idea, in my opinion, and I still don’t get the dry clutch???
                          Last edited by RS530; 04-05-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

If I owned one of these I'd have to name it Dolly. Those are the biggest jugs I've ever seen and something oddly disproportionate about them.

Comment

Working...
                            X