Free BMW R100/7!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free BMW R100/7!!!

So I get a text from one of my wife friend who live down at the Jersey shore. He said his neighbor has a 1977 R100/7 he needs out of his garage do I want it. Need more info and pictures. Has been in the garage since 2011 does not run.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BMW1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	214.3 KB ID:	7964 .

Also it turns out it was involved in hurricane Sandy and the insurance company paid it off but never picked it up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1578.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	7963

So about a week later a go down and pick it up. Pretty rough, rusted and corroded. Put air in the tires and rolled it onto the trailer. No way am I getting this mess running. I pulled the plug and they looked clean, sprayed some oil in the cylinders Took it to work for storage, thinking this winter I'll split it up for parts.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1577.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	7962

What the hell I'll put i on Craigslist for $200 save myself some work. With in an hour I get a call, then three. The first guy here gets it. I advertised it as engine would move in gear. It did not. Even after towing it around in fifth gear. The buyer shows up and I tell him about the engine. He still wants it. Sold for $150! Still had a lot of good parts on it. But I think the engine was trash. So I owned a 77 R100/7 for about 36 hours. Got some more money for the new motorcycle fund.
    Last edited by Riverfurm; 07-09-2019, 04:51 PM.

Did it have a title to get it licensed “if” it ever gets running?

Comment

• Riverfurm
      Riverfurm commented
      Editing a comment
      No title. But that's not a big deal on older motorcycles. Just need a bill of sale to register in Vermont and get a title. then just transfer it into your own state.

How about asking the Mac-Pac membership..there a few restoring types(individuals)there that might be interested..

Comment

• Riverfurm
      Riverfurm commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy who bought it said he was a member of a group that restores old airheads. Could of been Mac-Pac.
Working...
X