S1000R bikes rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S1000R bikes rule

My local bike is an S1000R. It is much "quicker" than my K1300S. (of course the K bike is faster). This little gem is an amazing little nasty machine. Oh, so fast. I have put a little MRA double bubble wind screen on it so I don't get blow off after 75 mph. The thing eats tires and constantly gets me in trouble. Much quicker than the K bike to speed up but not as totally fast, and not the Buick that the K bike is for comfort. K bikes rule. So many S bikes crash that there are plenty of parts on Ebay. I have a complete fresh clutch with basket on the shelf for 100$. Other stuff like that. Cheap and easy parts. Those young pups have not figured it out I guess.

Totally agree. I ride an XR. Pete here has the R
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

I'm a bit of a broken record on the subject but I love that motor. My dream is they put that motor in a package something like the F800GT, fairings, a little wind/weather protection, some bags.

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea, Wes!

I'm seriously considering an s1000r but am also looking at Suzuki's s1000. Very basic bike with only abs and ride modes. Not as many bells and whistles as BMW bike, which has some advantages. The "f" model comes with a small faring. These bikes can be had new for less than 10k. Best deal out there for a sport bike, IMHO. Probably will be my next daily rider. But that will have to wait as we're right in the middle of moving from Montana to southern Oregon.

Comment

What's an S1000R?
        https://theriderspace.com/forum/ridi...80%A6-too-good

Matt
        Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
        Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
        Dirt: Honda CRF450X
        IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Hey Bobby, Medford, Oregon is home to one of the best BMW dealers around.

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
            Totally agree. I ride an XR. Pete here has the R
            Plus one for the XR! It's not the stealth beauty that my black K1300S was, but it fits me just fine, and it moves out really nice. Same tire sizes as my K13, so I'm still running Metzeler M7RRs. Taking her in for a 36k service on Friday. That will be some serious bux, I am sure.

Seeya
            ATB
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Paughco; 06-06-2019, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• jargon
              jargon commented
              Editing a comment
              That was a quick 36k !

Originally posted by beech View Post
            Hey Bobby, Medford, Oregon is home to one of the best BMW dealers around.
            I stopped by there when I was visiting in March but they were closed. Good to hear they're a good shop.

Comment

Trouble with my S bike is that when I try to merge from an on ramp it is rear end material vehicles ahead just are not going fast enough. Darn bike leaps to 90 or so on that lushes curve.

Comment

I was thinking of dumping my R1200RS for an S bike, but I’m not sure if I want two four cylinder machines. I’m 6’ 2” and use a peg lowering kit on my K1300S. What is the leg room like on a S1000R?

Comment

Its like sitting on a GS. Upright so its not cramped, and if you want a lowering kit, its tall enough to handle it. Actually you may not need it.
                  Chattanooga, TN
                  Certified Hooligan.
                  2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Well step ahead a few years I now have a 2024 M1000R. What can I say other than Zowie, what a bike. Brakes, computer, the transmission is amazing. And is it fast, yes. Though because it is a naked bike I ride my K1300 faster due to no wind blast. The S bike is just WAY quicker on the throttle. The quick shift is so smooth that there is no need for the clutch until you come to a stop. It is light. Needs fuel every other day.

Comment

• Rob
                      Rob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beech, congrats! If you take it to the SGR I'll be able to see it in person.

Beech. I bet this will prove to be a great decision. Keep us posted over the next few rides.

Comment

Nice bike! And it's nice to see someone who understand the difference between fast and quick. (I used to do a bit of local drag racing.)

Comment

Working...
                      X