V4 Streetfighter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V4 Streetfighter

If only it would be priced within my grasp...
    Attached Files

Check the stubby Akro!

Comment

GAWDAMMIT! That is just so HAWT! Pass me the cheque-book, love ....
      2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
      2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Now is a prototype. Release perhaps on 2020, for now to use in Pikes Peak
        V4
        998cc.
        193 Kg.
        221CV @ 15250 RPM
        or 234CV@15500 RPM with Akra kit
        40.000 Euros

Tomorrow I'll start to wipe windshields on traffic lights to get the money

Comment

50 thousand Dollars, yikes. Be careful it will be passed up by an electric bike. The future is smacking us in our collective faces. I still have tools to adjust ID of the brass jet screws in carburetors to sizes inbetween stamped sizes and how to measure them. The box is full of dust.

Comment

First review

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined

Comment

My v4 S Streetfighter will arrive in June, it was suppose to be May, but the virus reeked havoc on Italy as we all know.

reviews are easy come easy go as far as I’m concerned but this should be a fabulous motor bike.

it will make more ponies than the 208 when the akro is installed. Mine is coming with the akrapovic.

i doubt it will be here in time for brpr, but if it is I’ll bring it.
              Last edited by Bmorganjr; 05-09-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• jargon
                jargon commented
                Editing a comment
                The same Akro stubbie in the picture up top? Or is there another type like this on the previous Panigale’s?

I have a very strong feeling loggiebone will be writing his own review, in the very near future, about this particular bike,

Doug likes Ducati
              Last edited by Bmorganjr; 05-10-2020, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmorganjr View Post
                I have a very strong feeling loggiebone will be writing his own review, in the very near future, about this particular bike,

Doug likes Ducati
                I’ve got my gear all cleaned and shined...waiting on that beauty!👍

Comment

Well OK...I love this freekin bike! You probably saw in the non invitational thread that BMJ allowed me to lust over and exercise this machine for the entire day. Didn't try to figure out the mileage but 5 tanks of gas so likely more than 300 miles.

In retrospect, this was an unusual ride for me. Normally when riding something new I think about all the little stuff that makes the bike what it is. In this case, I didn't do that. I suppose it's because I hadn't been on a high performance bike (208 hp) for a while but I think mostly because I was just enjoying the hell out of myself. It was a perfect day, nice pace and good friends to share the ride with. I didn't have to think about how to ride the bike, it all just came to me very naturally. Don't think about it...just go ride!

But, here are a few top of mind things about the bike:

Ergonomics: The seat is amazingly comfortable and all the controls were perfect for me. If you haven't ridden a SF before or a "real" sport bike, the riding position may feel a bit awkward. While the riding position is more upright than a sport bike, your head is still pretty much on top of the triple tree. Even leaning forward on this bike, which it seemed to prefer, I still didn't feel like I was putting any weight on my hands at all. Being a "nekked" bike, there is no windscreen but that fact didn't even occur to me. The wind around my helmet was quieter than most bikes with a windscreen. I suppose in very cold weather or heavy rain a wind screen would help but for a day ride, no problem at all. However, I was wearing a Shoei Neotech and it wanted to rise when speeds got a little aggressive. I had encounteed that before on a SF but it wasn't an issue with a one piece lid. I'm sure it would be the same on this bike.

Foot controls were a little tight for my feet but I got used to it. Mirrors...get used to looking at your elbows!

Motor: Wonderful. At first I thought the twin torque was a little better but after I had ridden the bike for a while I changed my mind. This motor is far more accepting of stupid riding than the twins are. The bike was geared a little high for my taste (typical Ducati) so it wasn't very happy about being lugged in a high gear. The bike was happiest north of 5K RPM. I spent most of the day north of 7500 with the redline just short of 15K The V4 is decidedly smoother (less vibration) than the twin. Also, the power was very linear...it just wants to keep going. I have always loved Ducati twins but after experiencing the bike with it's 208 hp, I've changed my mind, the v4 is my new favorite. The clutch was nicely progressive...easy to figure out where the bite is for smooth launches.

Brakes: Typical Ducati. I don't know why they even bother putting a rear brake on their stuff because its just a placebo. But, as useless as the back brake is, the front is absolutely the best available. I'm used to the tremendous brake bite but I could see if you didn't have much "feel" for the brake or are a little ham fisted you could have some interesting moments. For me, I love these brakes. And the ABS is adjustable to help keep you from doing goofy things. Brembo monoblocks are still the brakes of choice for me.

Transmission: Although geared a little high with the final drive, the transmission ratios were fine. Shifting with the clutch was as smooth as you could ask for. Until Bill reminded me, I forget that this bike has clutchless shifting both up and down. Being picky I'd say that in the lower gears shifting was a little notchy without the clutch and like butter in the higher gears. Part of the notchiness was as a result of shifting with lower throttle use. In town or with traffic lights, etc I found using the clutch was a smoother way to ride. But out blitzing...forget the clutch.

Suspension: Depends on you. Ducati tends to spring their sport bikes on the stiff side. For me at 205 in gear, it was near perfect. For Bill, at a lot less than me, it's definitely too stiff. But, with electronic suspension it's probably adjustable enough to not have to do suspension work. I rode the bike is Sport Mode because I prefer a quicker throttle. But, along with that comes a tighter suspension set. If you were unhappy with the suspension/throttle relationship, those can be adjusted individually. It's a pain to do but doable. The forks were a little stiff but they are still not broken in and will loosen up bit with use.

Gas: Plan your trips to avoid running out of gas. This thing has a 4.2 gal tank and it's a thirsty little bugger.

Instruments: Excellent. The stuff you want to know at a glance, revs, gear, speed etc are in your face. There's a bunch of other stuff like outside temp, time, etc that's very small and a bit of a challenge to rear unless you can stare at it. Theres a bunch of changeability of the information but I really wasn't much interested. I probably should spent some time to do mileage resets to figure out how far I was getting on a tank of gas but didn't. But I do know where the low fuel light is. Like most Ducati sportbikes there is no gas gauge....just an "uh oh" light. The is another interesting feature on the tach. When you get/exceed 10K rpm the instrument face turns orange/red. I guess a warning that you're approaching red line. The first time that happened it startled me. I thought I'd just done something to screw up the bike.

Overall: This is not a novice bike. It's pretty easy to ride but it's also very easy to be going far faster than you realize. Just from my perspective, this is a "day ride" bike. At least for now there are no luggage options so you've got to ride with your GSA friends. LOL! I suppose a back pack is the only option for now. Also, your rides need to be planned around where available gas is. I had that problem with my Tricolore and it was a pain from time to time. I can't see doing travelling on this bike but, to each his own.

If you think about it, this is just the "sports car" of motorcycles. Great fun, outstanding performance, beautiful, impressive performance and perhaps a little narrow in the intended use area. But....I love it!

A great big thanks again to BMJ for allowing me to opportunity to break it in a bit for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X