Just can't do it right now .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabnfvr
    started a topic Just can't do it right now .....

Just can't do it right now .....

We've been to all of the lower 48 states and the lower half of Canada. We've been through storms that we simply shouldn't have been in, but sometimes there's just nowhere to hide so you press on. We've done 500 mile days in the pouring rain and stayed dry and happy, and we've been so soaked that jumping in a pool might have seemed dryer. There have been times when we were frozen, especially when the heat controller failed on a foggy 28º Arkansas morning. We've cooked in the Mojave at 121º, NOAA verified. It was a cool 117º in the shade though. We've outran a cold front only to discover after 500 miles of hard riding that if we stopped it was going to be back on top of us and 39º in the morning . So we came home, 1297 miles in 19 1/2 hours. We rode over 1000 miles home from Parry Sound ON to Sapphire NC stopping only for fuel for us and the bike. We've left on trips in severe thunderstorms because there were severe storms forecast for the rest of the day. We crossed Louisianan at over 100 mph because they had tornado warnings for the entire state. I called Duke Energy one afternoon to report a tree down and live wire in the backyard during a tropical depression, then hung up and we mounted the bike for a ride to Deal's Gap to meet these Refined Hooligans. We've been sleeted on, rode through a rain wrapped tornado hiding thunderstorm. No idea how close the tornado was but judging from the wind I'd say VERY close. We've ridden through hail so bad it beat the Shoei decal off my helmet and tinting off of Susan's System III BMW shield. We took a GS up a steep Georgia forest road in a heavy thunderstorm because the GPS said try it, you'll like it. Susan had an Aspen tree fall and the limbs brushed her back during a thunderstorm in Jackson, WY. In slightly over 500,000 miles for me and nearly 300,000 pillion miles for Susan we've never turned around or cancelled a trip for weather.

Today we cancelled Colorado. The reasons why are all Covid related. We will see you all again, just not right now.
    Last edited by cabnfvr; 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM.

• Bobby
    replied
    We recently moved from Montana to southwest Oregon. No deaths in our county and not many new cases daily. Our friends in Montana say they've met a lot of out of staters retreating from urban areas to the open spaces of Montana. Many are not just vacationing in Montana but they're moving there. We're seeing more people, especially southern California, moving to Oregon. I think the forced work from home has shown people that it is possible, and people are deciding they might as well move to a more rural area. This demographic migration is taking place throughout the country. Fascinating how Convid 19 is changing our lives in significant, and permanent, ways.

Leave a comment:

• Loggiebone
    commented on 's reply
    Good news, Tim! Hope your bride feels better!

• Pittsdriverwes
    replied
    We've been kicking around how to get out of the house this summer and where we should go to do that. We finally landed on Maine and have a private house rented on an island. There's a steady stream of daily lobster boats that come in to dock there and the only thing within a mile of us is a place to rent some kayaks and SUPs. The high today there was 69 but they're expecting a heat wave next week while we're there. Highs around 80 and lows in the low 60s.

My home County in Maryland (Annapolis) has twice as many cases and deaths as the entire state of Maine. We're in the zone now where the number of cases is rising but no deaths or few hospitalizations. More testing more often? By the looks of the line at the drive through testing site, I'd say yes.

I think about people who take extreme precautions against getting these cooties the same way I think about ATGATT. Good on ya.

Leave a comment:

• Pittsdriverwes
    commented on 's reply
    We'll always have the Watstull.... (paraphrasing Casablanca)

• justjoe
    commented on 's reply
    😂!! Okay Doug, be careful of what you ask for...

• aviator
    replied
    Not too bad a cowd. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200716_130559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	22930Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200716_130609.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	22931

Leave a comment:

• Susan
    commented on 's reply
    and that can be taken in alot of different ways...

• Susan
    commented on 's reply
    He's just not into you

• Loggiebone
    commented on 's reply
    You never tell me that!🤧

• aviator
    replied
    We will try and be safe. Thanks Tim.

Leave a comment:

• Bobby
    replied
    Planning a trip now, especially if you're flying and eating in restaurants, especially in places like Florida and Texas, is just too risky. My advice, for what it's worth, is stay home and if you have friends over stay outside. It's just not worth getting infected, or infecting others.

Leave a comment:

• Susan
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, agree on that! BTDT!

• justjoe
    replied
    Love you guys and I will miss seeing you.

Leave a comment:

• justjoe
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly. Motorcycling is inherently dangerous.
Working...
X