No announcement yet.

It's not rocket science.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are living with others, should you change shoes and clothes before entering the home?

Last edited by wildbears; 11-25-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildbears View Post
      If you are living with others, should you change shoes and clothes before entering the home?

I tried that but my neighbors started to complain

Lee
      Iowa
      2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Oregon has mandatory mask requirement.

Comment

Excellent video using imaging to show what happens when you wear a mask vs. not:

https://youtu.be/0Tp0zB904Mc

Comment

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, living up here we’re able to see our breath in the winter so it’s pretty obvious.
            If we can slow this virus then we can ALL stop wearing masks.

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Good video. I'll share it around, especially to my skeptical and contraian friends.

Originally posted by Pittsdriverwes View Post
          Excellent video using imaging to show what happens when you wear a mask vs. not:

https://youtu.be/0Tp0zB904Mc

I saw a similar video awhile back showing how droplets passes through different types of mask.
          From best to worst
          N95
          Two or three layer cloth mask
          Surgical mask
          bandana
          faceshield

The faceshield was only good if used with a cloth or surgical mask.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Bobby
            Bobby commented
            Editing a comment
            My EMT friend uses both a face shield and surgical mask, along with gloves and tyvex, when transporting Convid patients.

This is happening all over the US & there are many examples.

Florida’s ‘Covid-19’ case spike includes gunshot deaths, motorbike accidents - report

An investigation in Florida found that several deaths were wrongly attributed to the virus, including the case of a man who died from a gunshot wound to the head.

The CDC’s website lists over 3,700 coronavirus deaths characterized as "intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events." In Texas, more than 3,000 people were recently removed from the overall coronavirus count because they were never actually tested but considered “probable” cases.

CDC director acknowledges hospitals have a monetary incentive to overcount coronavirus deaths

It's an election year folks...

"Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

What do you suppose the percentage of the population that IS NOT infected with covid is 99.9???

Comment

Hears a true story to take all this positive testing with a grain of salt, and to show what a joke these numbers are saying!!!!
              buddy of mine was telling me yesterday at work:
              his friend lives in Texas, his family of 6 were coming to Illinois for a wedding, so they wanted to get tested before they left, they filled out all the paperwork and stood in line to wait to be tested, after two hours of waiting they said screw it and left, never got tested! A week later the results came in the mail, ALL SIX TESTED POSITIVE!!!
              WHAT A JOKE!!! I know many of you are worried and take all precautions, but honestly I take all this media crap with a grain of salt.

Comment

• wildbears
                wildbears commented
                Editing a comment
                In the military they referred to those as sink tests.

Collected specimens were dumped down the sink (in this case not even collected).

Then false results were issued.

Maybe just a rumor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/h...mptomatic.html
              2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
              Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• Bobby
                Bobby commented
                Editing a comment
                The rate of deaths per infections may not be as high as some at the CDC originally thought, but 160,000 deaths so far, and it's likely to go much high, is high by any modern standard. Besides, I don't think anyone wants to spend huge money and have a ventilator shoved down their throat and be in an induced como for a week or more.

• BillGsa
                BillGsa commented
                Editing a comment
                NYT Pete, couldn't you find a credible source

• Pete_Tallahassee
                Pete_Tallahassee commented
                Editing a comment

I posted that video of how effective masks are to my Facebook page and a friend in Florida asked me about the many 10's of thousands of people that die every year from the normal flu - are we supposed to wear masks forever now? My reply was yes. If seasonal wearing of masks in close public places can save a bunch of flu sufferers in the years to come, why would we not do that? Asian people have been wearing them for years.

I'm very skeptical of just about everything about this virus but as has been often said: Admitting that you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

I wonder, when frustrations run high enough and they can't blame it on Trump anymore, if we'll end up going to war with China over this. And speaking of China, I'm thinking this whole seeds business is their way of stress testing our response to a biological attack through the mail.

Comment

I don't think we'll have to wear masks once we get past Convid, but we'll all be more cognizant of how easily germs can spread. I certainly don't plan on wearing this fucking mask forever. But I think social distancing is here to stay. Shaking hands? Not so much anymore. And I'm sure a lot of us will carry hand sanitizer.

Comment

• BillGsa
                  BillGsa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like to see a study done, pick a couple hundred random mask wearers & check their masks for harmful bacteria.
                  I wouldn't doubt that in 10/15 years there's hundreds of thousands of people with lung diseases from breathing thru a bacteria magnet all day.
                  Last edited by BillGsa; 08-07-2020, 07:32 AM.

• Bobby
                  Bobby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lung disease from breathing through a bacterial magnet...not likely. I'll take my chances and wear a mask, which I fucking hate, but it's what Fauci and the CDC recommend.

This study found "High bacterial contamination on outside area of the used masks was demonstrated, and it showed a significant correlation with microbial air quality of working wards." There are many other studies that find mask to be effective in preventing microbe spread in both directions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4202234/

Comment

I figure my wearing a mask is like me wearing clothes in public. I don't do it for my eyes. I do it for yours.

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
                    Pete_Tallahassee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you!, Thank you very much.

• 802Mike
                    802Mike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I may borrow that sometime.

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                  My problem, if I know the person, I tend to touch them when talking to them. That's been a hard habit to break.
                  We need to get you and my wife together for some type of social experiment. The kids and I pick on her all the time about her encroaching on others space and laying hands on them. I think that she can get away with it easier than Lee can, societal norms are different in this way for men vs women.
                  Last edited by MattB; 08-07-2020, 01:16 PM.
                  Matt
                  Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                  Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                  Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                  IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

• BillGsa
                    BillGsa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I used to work with a guy like that, he was a smoker too. I was always pushing him away.

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  We need to get you and my wife together for some type of social experiment.
                  In the name of science I'm willing to participate in this experiment

Lee
                  Iowa
                  2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X