Name:	bike tent.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	57670

Comment

• 955i
        955i commented
        Editing a comment
        This is excellent! Bicycle camping can be fun, but set up is sometime an issue. This particular setup is a solution to several issues!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-17 8.40.13 AM.png
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	57674

Comment

Audrey....

Name:	Audrey.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	57699

Comment

• 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          Classic photo of a classy girl!

Overlooking the Venetian Plain, Italy.....

Name:	Venetian Palin, Italy.png
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	57724

Comment

Texas: Video shows moment two cyclists hit by drunk driver

https://news.sky.com/video/texas-vid...river-13155969

Comment

Name:	reflection.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	57813

Comment

• 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              This gives me some ideas. Great setup for a photo.

How you pedal affects your power output:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPAnkduT5T8

NOTES: Pedaling in circles can result in extra pressure on the perineum and decreased shock absorption by your legs. It also applies different stresses to the joints, tendons, etc than "preferred" pedaling.

Back in the day, pedaling in circles meant pedaling in a smooth even rotation. In this video it means pulling up with one foot while pushing down with the other.
            Last edited by wildbears; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• wildbears
              wildbears commented
              Editing a comment
              Back in the day, pedaling in circles meant pedaling in a smooth even rotation. In this video it means pulling up with one foot while pushing down with the other.

Any recommendations for a shock absorber seat post????

Comment

• 955i
              955i commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't fancy them at all, unless you are talking a carbon fiber post. Perhaps one with a liquid insert like were popular for a while.

Name:	bike chaser.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	57845

Comment

LE GRAND DEPART IN ITALY: The 2024 Tour de France is underway! 🇫🇷

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmh0Ms33DQ

Comment

• 955i
                955i commented
                Editing a comment
                No spoilers on this thread, OK Wildbears?

• wildbears
                wildbears commented
                Editing a comment
                Heat exhaustion may occur when there is insufficient acclimatization. This requires about 2 weeks of exercise in the temperatures range expected.

Due to the increased weight, e-vehicles use heavy duty tires that are noisy. On a bike, I can hear them coming from behind better than an ICE vehicle.

Name:	fetch?id=57986&d=1719924925.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	57989

Comment

Name:	1st bike.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	58172

Comment

• 955i
                  955i commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These "adult Strider Bikes" were amazingly popular considering the state of the roads in the mid-1800's. (Interestingly, the eventual popularity of bicycles lead to a huge improvement in roads and road building. Automobiles benefited from this. Now, you'd think bicyclists were the interlopers.)

Zone 2 for optimal fat burn. Zones 3 and above require carbs. Zone 2 also builds up mitochondria.

Just learned this.
                Last edited by wildbears; 1 week ago.

Comment

• 955i
                  955i commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bears, get on YouTube and watch any of the general videos with Phil Maffatone. He's the progenitor of the revival of this low heart rate method of training. It fell out of favor years ago, being supplanted by Dr. Kenneth Cooper's theories on aerobic training and their spin-offs. Last year I followed the Maffatone regimen for about 3-4 months. It was interesting and enlightening.

• wildbears
                  wildbears commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Holding at the upper limit of zone 2 seems to be an easy marker. Maybe combine it with some Super HIIT and very hard hill climbing.
                  Last edited by wildbears; 5 days ago.

How to develop erectile dysfunction on a bicycle.....by crushing the pudendal nerve if you have only a modest or no saddle tilt and using the following technique.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/2813003745523833

This concept keeps popping up in bicycling advice videos. It is based on Pogacar's saddle position on steep climbs. However, Pogacar's saddle tilt for mountain stages is at a whooping 8 degrees. This keeps the saddle nose away from the nerves.

The saddle tilt and position on steep climbs keeps his COG over the pedals resulting in more power delivery. But decreases leg muscle extension that lessens power if you cannot achieve maximum effective extension. For us mere mortals, scooting back on the saddle a little or sitting up increases the distance from the hips to the pedals and increases power. And that's why sitting up on hill climbs is recommended for the hoi polloi. . However, on steep climbs, this can result in the front wheel lifting up. This could be another reason for Pogacar's technique as many of the TDF climbs are very steep.

Here's a pic of Pogacar on stage 19 of the TDF yesterday.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-20 9.09.21 AM.png Views:	1 Size:	589.2 KB ID:	58393
                Last edited by wildbears; 2 hours ago.

Comment

• wildbears
                  wildbears commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The saddle tilt and position on steep climbs keeps his COG over the pedals resulting in more power delivery. But decreases leg muscle extension that lessens power if you cannot achieve maximum effective extension. For us mere mortals, scooting back on the saddle a little or sitting up increases the distance from the hips to the pedals and increases power. And that's why sitting up on hill climbs is recommended for the hoi polloi. . However, on steep climbs, this can result in the front wheel lifting up. This could be another reason for Pogacar's technique as many of the TDF climbs are very steep.
                  Last edited by wildbears; 3 hours ago.

• 955i
                  955i commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whatever saddle angle he is using, apparently it works for him! Congrats.
              Working...
              X