Rainy Day Fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainy Day Fun

They make some pretty cool replica air guns these days. It's much cheaper to practice with pellets and BB's. I stuffed some cardboard boxes with old cloths and slapped some splatter targets on the front.I have a heavy blanket behind protecting the wall. As long as I miss the refrigerator I'm good. I just bought a used Benjamin Trail NP Pistol off Ebay. It should have more power and accuracy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_194757-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	25565Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_194813-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	25566Click image for larger version

Name:	20200928_195053-XL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	25568NO, I Won't Grow Up!
    Attached Files
    2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
    Rufus E Miles JR.

When I was in college many moons ago, outside of my bedroom we had a huge elm tree. At about the same time as spring finals, the starlings used to flock to the tree to eat the new seeds. As you can imagine, studying for finals was pretty boring so I used to shoot the starlings out of my window. I would have to go to the other side of the house to cock the bb gun so the birds wouldn't hear me, then
    come back and take aim. Wouldn't hurt the birds but when I got lucky, they would do a bit of flapping their wings! Good times!

Jim

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
      Pete_Tallahassee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think these guns might "hurt" a bird.

Don't need a reason to shoot starlings!

Comment

Low left for a right handed shooter=yanking the trigger. Smooth the pull.👍

Comment

• Loggiebone
        Loggiebone commented
        Editing a comment
        Practice “dry firing” helps a lot. But, pellets are a lot cheaper than ammo🤪😁

• 802Mike
        802Mike commented
        Editing a comment
        Dry fire with a quarter balanced on the front site and then a nickle and later a dime.
        I have some steel targets, 4" and 8" and shoot from about ten yards. I need a lighter
        background though so I can see the target better.

• Pete_Tallahassee
        Pete_Tallahassee commented
        Editing a comment

I use those with rifle. Easier to see w/o a spotting scooe👍

Comment

So we are all bored. I joined the local range (indoor) and for the past 8 months been very concerned about going there. But lately I have drifted back because I spent some money having the slide on my CZ Shadow 2 milled to accept an optical site. Most just use and adapter to fit into the dovetail. I tried that and and the sight was too high, wanted the sight to be lower into the pistol. Old eyes have the devil to play with iron sights. A nice red dot (not laser) is great. Here are seven shots at a 3" dot from 30 feet. Don't mess with old guys.
        Last edited by beech; 11-07-2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Good shooting👍

Comment

Working...
          X