Clear All

Covid vaccine, did you get it.

Got my first dose today. Feel fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cov vaccine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	27805
    Last edited by aviator; 12-31-2020, 07:44 PM.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Which brand?

Comment

• aviator
      aviator commented
      Editing a comment
      The Pfizer. Its got a slight edge on the Moderna, and the injected volume is smaller. Its 0.3 ml. You dont feel a damn thing.
      Last edited by aviator; 12-31-2020, 07:50 PM.

Is it available in Tn. for the average person now?
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Define “average person”. Here’s the allocation schedule for TN.

https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/health...9349137742.jpg

• Lee
      Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Joe, by average I meant people who are not in the medical field, nursing homes or in a high risk group.

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Then the answer is no, it’s not available. 75+ y/o, health care providers in high risk areas (like Mani), emergency management providers/first responders.

If I was getting the vaccine the schedule says Q3.

Not available here for me yet, thankfully I don't qualify. I'm over
    sixty-five and healthy.
    I know a couple of nurses that have gotten their first doses.

Comment

Available to those 65 and over here in Fl..depending on county by appointment or first come first served...

Comment

• wildbears
        wildbears commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll be getting ours shortly while in Florida. I think it's the Moderna vaccine.

The booster follows in 28 days.

Note the jury is still out as to whether you can still get infected and possibly be contagious, even when asymptomatic, after vaccination.
        Last edited by wildbears; 01-02-2021, 12:22 PM.

Not available for me here in KY yet (I am 77 & 10 months). They are doing nursing homes & hospital workers first as well as first responders. I should be in the next group to get it. Based on the feds leaving all the in arm arrangements to the states it will probably mid Feb. before I see mine. In the mean time I am just laying low.

Comment

Nephew in Maryland is a first responder and got the Pfizer vaccination on the 29th.
        2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
        Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

So Mani is 5G activated.....should be interesting

Comment

• aviator
            aviator commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah Baby!

Available now in GA. Doing group 1A first...don't know for how long.

Comment

Just got a call back from the County Health Dept My shot is scheduled for 1/18. Don't know what mfgr...don't care (at this time).

Comment

Not sure who we are supposed to call for an appointment. I don't think they have gotten to my over 65 group yet.

Comment

• Loggiebone
                Loggiebone commented
                Editing a comment
                My primary care doc says that the initial distribution is mandated to be by government health organizations. Obviously, this will change at some point but it’ll be a while.

I’d recommend calling your county health department for information and status.

Doug, they are both mRNA vaccines. Safe. They target a spike protein and are not live attenuated. Efficacy is almost identical. Go for it.
              Now the Astra Zeneca vaccine (UK) is a whole nother game.
              Chattanooga, TN
              Certified Hooligan.
              2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

The vaccine for mere mortals may still be months away. Hopefully distribution will speed up soon.

Comment

Maryland is coming under a lot of criticism for being the slowest state to get the juice in people's arms. There's apparently 10's of thousands of doses waiting to be deployed to front line health care folks and they're just now starting to roll out nursing homes followed by people they're deeming as essential workers like grocery store employees. For a 62 year old guy with underlying morbidity they're not even predicting when but definitely after March/April.

Comment

• ZATO
                    ZATO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Went online to schedule an appointment, had a choice of 2 days in one week.I was surprised at the low volume of appointments made. Set-up for this Saturday in Calvert Co. One day my medical group says no vaccine available, then the next day it's there. St. Marys County has been vaccinating for a while. Maryland is in right field.

Originally posted by cabnfvr View Post
                  The vaccine for mere mortals may still be months away. Hopefully distribution will speed up soon.
                  In Iowa they said mid to late year for the under 65 age group in good health.
                  Lee
                  Iowa
                  2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X