Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in Tupelo just the other day and saw Elvis. I swear...

Comment

• Oilhead
      Oilhead commented
      Editing a comment
      With Jim Morrison?

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
    I was in Tupelo just the other day and saw Elvis. I swear...
    Welcome back doug, we missed ya. Hangin with Elvis, I see. And how is the CBD oil treatment coming along?
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post

Welcome back doug, we missed ya. Hangin with Elvis, I see. And how is the CBD oil treatment coming along?
      Not helping worth a damn and Elvis promised it would!😏👍. Also, disappointed that I couldn’t find any of your relatives along the Trace...but did at Barber. Pic to prove it too...more later!

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post

Not helping worth a damn and Elvis promised it would!😏👍. Also, disappointed that I couldn’t find any of your relatives along the Trace...but did at Barber. Pic to prove it too...more later!
        They were there Doug, under cover. Pale face no see.

Oh, we we want to see some nice cheeks holding umbrellas from Barber, not my relatives.
        Last edited by aviator; 06-08-2019, 08:27 PM.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

i-BMW still no workie...

Comment

Took about a year last time it died.

Comment

Originally posted by Scot View Post
              Took about a year last time it died.
              Ibmw? Are you sure...I don’t have the best memory but I don’t remember that??

Comment

Seems like all went over to K bikes for a long time before it came back anew. Your not messing with me are you? I did not document the event.

Maybe died was not the proper term. It was there then gone with promise of return.

Just remember the flames Shiva bashing, claimed theft of information and some posturing.

Comment

K bikes...old wounds. K bikes had issues (mostly people, not system) but ibmw just down a day or two...until now!

Comment

Originally posted by Scot View Post
                    Seems like all went over to K bikes for a long time before it came back anew. Your not messing with me are you? I did not document the event.

Maybe died was not the proper term. It was there then gone with promise of return.

Just remember the flames Shiva bashing, claimed theft of information and some posturing.
                    Although that was before my time, that is what I understood you to be referencing. That resurrection came about because of Randy Massey I believe.

Comment

• htheater
                      htheater commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Joe,

Thanks for the thought, but, getting it back up was a group effort with Kjell, Vic and myself.

Vic had allowed it to go down/away when K-Bikes started and stole the database.

He simply lost interest. Kjell and I approached him about purchasing the site from him. He ended up deciding that he didn't want out completely, but wanted partners. He agreed to make Kjell and myself equal owners and we ALL worked to get the site back up, including moving it over to VBulletin.

Vic never divided the site into 3 shares as agreed and always kept "control". Kjell and myself didn't push it so we never actually had real ownership....by name only. Kjell eventually got tired of the politics and immature things that took place and left the site. A huge loss. I hung in there and left only because my wife no longer wanted me riding and staying involved with i-bmw made me really want to ride. Y'all just did too good of a job posting up pictures and ride reports!

So, Vic didn't chase me away. I left on my own to keep from creating a wedge between my and my wife.

I joined this forum because of you and the respect that I have, however, for the same reasons I can't be actively involved. However, when several people contacted me about i-bmw being down, I got involved and called Vic. He very quickly returned my call and explained that there was a hard drive crash and some missing or bad backups and that it was going to take some time to resolve and he didn't have the time. He said that he would get to it when he could. Hoped to work on it that weekend.

I personally feel that it is a shame that it has been allowed to stay down this long. I plan to contact Vic again and see if he is willing to give up the keys and let someone else either revive it or at least move the data to here IF you are interested in it. Either way, there is too much info and too many great posts to just go away.....
                      Last edited by htheater; 06-13-2019, 10:18 PM.

Hi Guys, I am Back. My avatar was WINO.I will try and add it here. I discovered you guys yesterday. See a lot of familiar names. Will check back in ASAP
                    Larry Kaiden
                    Larry

Comment

• Capnrip
                      Capnrip commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome Larry!

• cabnfvr
                      cabnfvr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome back !!

Hey dude! Spread the word!👍

Comment

We use these sites like resources and that is not the nature of the beast. My resource books from the early 70s are alive and well and could probably find a copy if needed. The brake bleeding tutorial I may need next year may or may not be there.

The internet is there all the time; right up till it isn't. Hope if the site does not come back the data is made available to this site. Of course it is kind of like photos your next computer may or may not covert them to a usable format.

Think I will go back and read 1984 again should be on line somewhere.

Comment

Someday this period in time could very well be the beginning of another dark ages in human history as most records are becoming digital and therefore easily lost
                        2022 R1250GS Rallye
                        2023 S1000XR

Comment

Twenty years was a good run.

Comment

Working...
                          X