Veteran Car Tag and Border Crossing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veteran Car Tag and Border Crossing

A few years ago I received Veteran Plates for the bikes, car and pick-up truck.
    Since then when crossing into Canada I've noticed that I'm getting grilled about
    weapons more. Used to be, "Do you have any guns, knives, alcohol with you?"
    Now, many more questions about weapons like, do I own them, do I normally have
    one in the vehicle, what do you own, are you sure there aren't any in the vehicle
    now. "If you have any give them now and we'll give it back later....."
    I figure they have my previous answers on file so I always respond honestly.

I suppose most Canadians are either rabid anti-gunners or they're simply jealous of our 2nd Amendment. Have you ever been actually searched, Mike? I have no idea what their policies are, but if you declared a weapon and relinquished it, would they actually return it to you upon your departure??

Comment

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet. He said that if I had a weapon to give it to them now and I'll get it
      back when I cross back into the states because they could search the truck.
      If they found one they could impound the truck and put me in jail.
      I said that I was aware of that and that I'd thoroughly cleaned the vehicle
      before the trip and checked to make sure I'd removed everything.

• Martin_D
      Martin_D commented
      Editing a comment
      Charlie , us Canadians are not like what you describe , and I for one is not jealous of your second amendment . And we are not alone , many countries have similar gun control laws . Even if I don't always agree with some of the policies that you have in the US , I'll never tell you what to do in your own country . It's your country , and you decide what kind of laws you want for your place . Please do the same with us , and respect the fact that we're different in our way of thinking , and we're not in a pissing contest as to which is better than the other . Diversity is a good thing . Have a good one Charlie .

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      .... on the other hand, I feel like I get a free pass when re-entering the states.
      "Where you from?"
      "Bringing anything back with you?"
      "Here ya go, have a good day."
      Hands me back my enhanced license with the little veteran flag on it.

We crossed into Canada several years ago and the Canadian border agent insisted we had a firearm. He was polite but said, "You're from North Carolina. You have to have a firearm." I said "Yes, but it's at home." he smiled and said, "Now you can go. Have a nice trip."

Comment

Seriously folks you Americans are crazy the more southern therefore more Mexican you get. I glad we ha a host of newly minted citizens protecting us from cliche notions of what you are.

Comment

We’re trying to avoid bs stuff around here but you must have dodged the bs meter...

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
          We’re trying to avoid bs stuff around here but you must have dodged the bs meter...
          WTF is this we?
          Seriously an nonsense post deserves a like response. Suggesting Canadian border guards are discriminating on the basis of a self identifying license plate is ludicrous.

Comment

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            Profiling not Discriminating
        Working...
        X