So I’ve been lurking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I’ve been lurking...

Been lurking around this site for a bit, and yes, I’m another lost soul from I-BMW. Added a 2016 K1300R (6000 km’s) to the stable recently to keep my ageing 2002 K1200RS company. The RS has 183,000 km’s on it now and is pretty much religated to two up touring duties. The 1300R is for solo fun in the hills. 😬
    Last edited by flyingkiwi; 05-14-2020, 07:05 AM.

Welcome flyingkiwi , post up some pics of your rides.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Welcome nice to see you here.

Comment

Welcome FlyingKiwi. I remember you from over at the I. How about a first name, that's all I want. Don't want to be able to testify against you.

Comment

• justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, constable, I don't know his name. We called him Flying...

Thanks for the warm welcome, and nice to see some very familiar names. I see plenty of I-BMW folks here. Hope you all copied your posts from I-BMW so you can share them here like the rest of us have done - not. So much data and knowledge has been lost and that’s a tragedy. Hope you are all staying safe in these difficult times.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of my rides. I moved from New Zealand back to Australia 12 months ago and very reluctantly sold my restored ‘91 K1 and ‘89 K100RS Style before leaving. It was a real shame to part with them but It just wasn’t practical to move them. My K1200RS did come back with me as it’s worthless given the mileage (183,000km) but priceless to me. Bought the K1300R not long after getting here.
          Last edited by flyingkiwi; 05-15-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Pity you sold the K1...such a distinctive bike and yours was very nice. There’s a couple of them hanging around here.

Glad you found this here place. Mostly good folks! LOL!👍

Comment

Thanks, I spent 18 months rebuilding the K1 which was a frame off rebuild. The bike had spent three years outside under a tarp in a warm humid environment... Every panel was stripped back to bare plastic on both sides - and it had been repainted blue twice, so the paint was near 1mm thick on places. Many tabs were broken and had to be crafted to fit. The tank had holes in the bottom from water sitting in it, and the wheels had to be re powder coated as the moisture had affected the alloy. Needless to say the upholstery was shot. This bike won 1st prize in the annual BMWNZ concours in 2018. I still shake my head when I look at the dozens of photos as to why I sold it. Clearly wasn’t thinking. The K100RS took 6 months and was my first frame off renovation.
              Richard

Comment

• 802Mike
                802Mike commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, hopefully the new owner appreciates all your labor of love.
                Not sure I would've been able to accomplish such a project.

Welcome mate. I guess you will know the Oxley highway like the back of your hand.

Comment

Hey Richard - g'day. The K13R would be the perfect weapon for the Oxley, or a squirt up the Waterfall Way. I've a friend up at Grafton who rides around your area quite often. He's on a black K13R as well. If your paths ever cross, his name is Dazza. Good bloke.
                2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
                2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Glad you found us. Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                  X