Rossi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rossi

Curious about the thoughts of the collective: Is Rossi’s days of being competitive (podium) over except for success once in a while?

He had a pretty lack luster performance at Brno, along with Vinales in both qualifying and the race. Yamaha is obviously having challenges but I’m curious how long Valentino is will to be off the podium and 5th or lower. I think his contract extends through next year but...hang it up after contract expires?🤔

With MM, Dovi, Rins, and even Miller finishing ahead of him it's hard to pin Rossi's problems on the bike. I'd love to see him win another championship but I think he missed his last chance for that a few years ago. I loved the competitive racing up front after the start at Brno, well, until MM decided to pull the pin and leave then all battling for 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

Yeah, MM is their problem

Comment

The King is dead, long live the King!

Rossi is on his way out, it is just a matter of time. It happens to everyone no matter how great they are or what they have done in the past. MM93 is having his day, and it too will come to an end. Agostini, Lawson, Spencer, Doohan, and Rossi. Those guys dominated in their day. Today, it is Marquez. I just hope that someone figures out how to catch him and make the next few races (maybe even years) more interesting.

Comment

I’m a real fan of 46. At least from what I see he's got such a great attitude. If he really loves racing even with the results he’s getting now and he’s happy...good for him. But, I just hate to see him turn into a “has been” as it happens in so many sports. He’s still my guy though!👍

Comment

Valentino is a classy guy, I always liked watching him but, I think he should
            take his money and retire while he's ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
              The King is dead, long live the King!

Rossi is on his way out, it is just a matter of time. It happens to everyone no matter how great they are or what they have done in the past. MM93 is having his day, and it too will come to an end. Agostini, Lawson, Spencer, Doohan, and Rossi. Those guys dominated in their day. Today, it is Marquez. I just hope that someone figures out how to catch him and make the next few races (maybe even years) more interesting.
              Just bring a wet blanket to the party...
              Cut with a curse sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul, damned is your life!

Comment

Originally posted by ZATO View Post

Just bring a wet blanket to the party...
                I loved watching Rossi when he was on top. I love when there is actual racing going on. When I first started watching motorcycle racing it was Rossi, Melandri, Hayden, Stoner, Bayliss, Edwards. Then came the Aliens and as long as they were racing, I enjoyed the hell out of it. Sure, I had my favorites. I routed for the Kentucky Kid mostly but always thought the Doctor was brilliant. And as time went on and racers left the race I picked up new favorites. But I also am keenly aware that time is about up for the Doctor, and if he isn't competitive then he is just an extra on the main stage. Not ideal and not how I'll remember him racing.

Comment

Don’t forget Hayden’s favorite teammate...Pedrosa!😏

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
                    Don’t forget Hayden’s favorite teammate...Pedrosa!😏
                    I did! He was one of the Aliens! But he never won the big show so there is that...

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

I did! He was one of the Aliens! But he never won the big show so there is that...
                      He was very skilled at knocking his championship contending team mate down. What a guy!

Not long after the "incident"...there was a poster going around that had a picture of Pedrosa knocking Nicky down with the caption of
                      Pedrosa...Spanish for team mate.
                      Last edited by Loggiebone; 08-07-2019, 03:36 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Great riders are a joy to watch. Daytona 200, 1984. Kenny Roberts, Eddie Lawson and Reg Pridmore. Kenny is already pulling a wheelie at the start. About mid race Kenny was almost taken out by a back marker. Kenny dropped back quite a few places, then he got mad. It was awesome watching someone of that caliber fight his way back to win the race. On the podium he told everyone that the ability to buy your way onto the track had to end. He was still upset, but he was upset from the number one podium.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00290.JPG Views:	1 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	9595

Going back in time reminds me, I need to Google the year Ducati won the manufacturers championship AND the riders championship.They celebrated the night before the last race of the year. They didn't even need to be there to win the overall.

Last edited by cabnfvr; 08-07-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Rossi qualifies 10 in Austria. Bummer!

Comment

Working...
                          X