Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashed on the track on Monday, 5 days later I still haven’t shit

Hi All
    You may have read my previous posts and know that I’ve been doing a few track days on my Triumph Speed Triple.

Well, I did a track day with a mate last Monday, 22nd June. Started as a wet day but the track conditions were improving and by lunchtime the track was dry.

My first session after lunch (5th session for the day) started well, but a couple of laps in, I went a bit wide on the exit of turn 12 and touched the painted kerb. That caused the rear to slide and then kick back into a high side. I was now out of control and crashed into the pit wall on the left.
    https://youtu.be/G8EUko3RGug
    Here is the video, only problem is it doesn’t show the crash. Right at the end where I get close to the kerb is where the crash starts.

I don’t remember any of this, but I’ve since talked to a rider who was right behind me and saw it all.

This is what they say happened

After the crash I was treated on track and I was conscious but in a lot of pain. My mate was by my side and helped the paramedics to cut off my leathers. He was able to get in touch with my wife and she came to the track with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. This must have been at least an hour after the crash.

I was then taken to Benalla airport and helicoptered to Royal Melbourne hospital. About 30 minutes by air and 3 hours by road for my wife.

There I’ve gone through all the emergency care etc and ended up in a hospital bed.

So about 8 hours after the crash, I talk to my wife in my hospital bed and it’s the first memory I have. Still don’t remember the crash, treatment, helicopter flight, x rays etc

Turns out I’ve got 7 broken ribs on my left side. I’m home now, desperate for a shit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	22174Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	22175Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	22173

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	22180Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	22178Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	22179Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	22177

Comment

So sorry to hear that you've crashed, and were injured. I've had cracked ribs and I know that sitting, lying down, walking, talking. laughing, breathing, and the worst sneezing, hurt like hell. Glad that you're around to tell of the accident, hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

Comment

• Doctor350
          Doctor350 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. It’s now 5 days 8 hours since 💩

Rumors has it that you've gained 4 kilos while at the hospital !!!
        What's up with that ?

Comment

• Doctor350
          Doctor350 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fucked if I know. In my best week long binges I could never stack on 4 kg.

The constipation is a side effect of whatever opioids you’re taking. Get some powerful laxative and stool softener and hope for the best. DAMHIKT!
        I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Broken ribs are very painful, but glad it's not worse. Speedy recovery!

Comment

You'll be ok because you're John f'ing Broz.

Comment

Been there done that on the ribs. They'll heal up but it'll be about 8 - 10 weeks before you're ready to fall off a bike again. Hope you heal up fast.

That's an incredibly bad place for a wall. WTF were they thinking with that there? There's a newish track in N. Virginia that has a number of spots on it like that and last I checked, no motorcycle track outfit would hold an event there because of that. Shit, you're at the track so you don't have to worry about obstacles like that!

Comment

Unfortunately we’ve probably only got 2, maybe 3 tracks in all of Australia that are up to world standard. Phillip Island GP track, Sydney Motorsport Ozark and maybe the new Bend Motorsport park in Tailem Bend.

In saying that, I shouldn’t have touched that painted kerb

Comment

That sucks! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
                  As for the poop chute, when I'm doing my favorite opioids I make sure to eat plenty of dried fruits.
                  2018 BMW S1000R
                  2000 BMW K1200 RS
                  2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
                  Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

Hope you heal quickly. If there's any rehab do what they say. The docs and rehab people don't always tell you "why". Just do it.

Comment

It is very good that you are here to tell the rest of the story. Here's to a quick recovery and a successful "evacuation"! Plus, a big hello to your wife!
                      ain't skeered

Comment

Shitty luck, John. I hope things pass quickly and the pain is minimized. Once you drop the mud let us know how much weight was shed. Just for curiosities sake.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Glad you're recovering.
                          These dicks shouldn't be trying to make a man with broken ribs laugh..... That's just mean of them!
                          Here's to the magic happening soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X