No announcement yet.

BRPR 2020 May 28-31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeah, it would have been impossible to have a better weather day than Saturday was. Around 80 off the mountain, 70s on the Parkway, low humidity and clear skies. Absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

I made it home from the rally by 9:15 am. Was rolling before 7. Kinda nippy on the way home .
      Really, the weather couldn’t have been much better. Good group, great food prepared by BMJr and Dale, and the roads are as good as they ever were. And it was great to get out and experience novelties like sitting down and eating in a restaurant!
      Thanks to all the organizers.
      I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	21330Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	239.8 KB ID:	21331
        Last edited by BillGsa; 06-01-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Flyboy
          Flyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Great rally. Hats off to Bill and Dale whom go out of their own way to make sure everyone is happy! Great guys! Great time riding with Billg once again..he's always splendid to spend time with and ride!!!!! And always nice to see/ride and drink with KevinC!

Didnt think I would make it, but am so glad I did! I really needed that time away and the ride!

Thanks to all!

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          When did KevinC color his hair?

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        I cnx my room, but I’ll spoon with Bill should I go...🤪
        Hope it was as good for him as it was for you !

Comment

• Flyboy
          Flyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll never know.

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't wish to either, I'll leave that to the real men.

Thanks guys !!!! It was great time, and Stull should get all the credit, that little place is a gem

Comment

• justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably the best motel we have stayed at as a group. The Gordon is accommodating but a little run down, like Curt.

• Susan
          Susan commented
          Editing a comment
          So Tim and I actually did something good for a change?

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          Per usual.

I would love to pay a few more and establish a new relationship with another motel in Arkansas. The days of the Gordon are near but done. Plan ahead.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve given a little thought to another location for the Arkansas rally. I have a friend who lives in NE Arkansas, and she recommended Eureka Springs. I checked out the website. It’s a town that grew up in the late 1800s, and there’s lots of Victorian homes and businesses. It looks good, especially compared to Jasper. But with all those wood-framed historic buildings there, do you think they’re going to let us have a campfire in their parking lot? I don’t think so. As rough as the accommodations are in Jasper, it does have other qualities we’d have trouble duplicating somewhere else.

• Capnrip
          Capnrip commented
          Editing a comment
          I rode up to Eureka springs last year and there's a lot of hotels around there before you drop down the hill in Eureka Springs proper. I slogged through the town itself in stop and go traffic couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          Eureka Springs? Yikes. In the dead of winter, it might be tolerable. But it is now really sort of a Disneyland version of itself. It's too bad, but it is a place I can;t really stand. On any nice weekend in the fall it is completely full of tourists in cars and HD's. The Gordon suits me fine. Lee can light everyone's heater safely and we can walk to a choice of two restuarants.

If one can't stand the Gordon, you could stay in the Seville in Harrison. It is a classic historic hotel that is genuinely nice.and it's only about 20 minutes from the firepit festivities in Jasper for those that want classier beds to sleep in. (Although, the beds in the Seville probably won't have the nice plastic covers found on Gordon beds.) You could party in Jasper and ride back to Harrison for bed.

From one of my trips out there there was some discussion about her having an offer to buy the motel and the canoe livery business. Not much else in Jasper and for some reason I really like the Ozark Cafe. Perhaps if she sold it one day new owners would update it to at least the 1980s. It does have that Ozzie and Harriet feel in it's current state. And I've been thrown out of worse places than the Wattstull and the Gordon. But that's another story that may or may not have ended with law enforcement becoming involved.

Comment

>> Shut the duck up mani.....lol......now u better be in Gunnison or I’m send out the assassin team <<

My brother, I have been away far too long from my practice and family. Maybe later in the year, I will catch up with you guys.
          Chattanooga, TN
          Certified Hooligan.
          2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Flyboy
            Flyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your contributions!
        Working...
        X