ID:	5107
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      For a day or two, I'd be happy to put it through its paces!

• aviator
      aviator commented
      Editing a comment
      I am afraid to say "kiss my ass".

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!! You big flirt!

lunch of course Click image for larger version

Name:	Lunch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	5109Click image for larger version

Name:	Lunch again.jpg
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	5110
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.

Comment

View from the Inn Click image for larger version  Name:	Watsull view2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	5113
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Originally posted by EricM View Post
        Seems like fun has been had by all, will have to make it back next year.
        Let's plan on it. I think your tire marks on the lawn have grown over by now, time for new ones.

Comment

Yes, lets plan the next one.
          Chattanooga, TN
          Certified Hooligan.

Comment

That was fun! Let's do it again!
            ain't skeered

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
              ....... And please, for the love of all things good in this world, don't let the believers turn this into a GS is faster than a sportbike conversation.
              Seeing the K1300S's at Wattstull mad me languish for an inline four. It might have been spurred by another "we really shouldn't be here" moment Saturday on the Anakee III's in the mud when we jumped 45º one way, then the other and MIRACULOUSLY did not fall. Those are the places we just wouldn't have been on the S. But I like the GS a lot. Almost all the time.
              But faster? Ha, you make funny.

It's just a little mud puddle. Just a foot deep mud puddle!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Mjd1kCjozD8IdY5UbkyYXnWx9uwmuL5tmE1HRhqvdyZLJ9SWTbkZiidSWO2QqUT4fA1z6a5OMLjlOIRb3PXqeuDFUgim4bxk-GZR9-BcAwsyFREAGfdwM521OWG497xvTv4mlhipMFs_ARg5sv5cl3IoyemYgbfi2zsZWBTKrrgBia9RNe_BszcvIaz7qa950NyTVaIqKC4ZqmUna5X1f718JqnlBPUhX-EfCl4cKW9W7wlfm1i6nqKXq4UEeLS
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	5132

Sure was great to see everyone again !!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by cabnfvr; 05-21-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• BillGsa
                BillGsa commented
                Editing a comment
                Ditch those Anakee's & put on a pair of Stinko's Tim...there're MUCH better in every way.
                Last edited by BillGsa; 05-21-2019, 01:09 PM.

• cabnfvr
                cabnfvr commented
                Editing a comment
                Good advice sir! I'm leaning between Shinko 705s and / or TKC70s. The Go Pro was on and the GS went a full 45 degrees right, full left lock on the bars, and somehow the front tire came back and we were straight again.

• justjoe
                justjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                I've burned through several sets of TKC70's. I love them when they are fresh and hate them when they get to about the midpoint of their life. The outside tread buckles and cups. But they are sticky on pavement throughout their life.

The Stinko's are too new yet to tell how they will wear. But performance wise, at least on the street, they are at least equal to the 70's. I put 1k miles on last weekend and enjoyed them tremendously without any degradation of performance. No dirt/gravel yet so no comments.

Thank you to all who had a hand in making this possible. Like Joe said, the rain Friday morning was a good excuse to sleep a little late and recover from the previous nights festivities. It's really great to see new & old faces and swap lies.

Name:	20190517_125624-XL.jpg
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	5137

Name:	20190517_175734-XL.jpg
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	5138

Name:	20190517_175801-XL.jpg
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	5139

Name:	20190517_184925-XL.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	5140

Name:	20190517_184944-XL.jpg
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	5141
              2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
              Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• justjoe
                justjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                Why does Lefty always look guilty of something?

Steve and Curt look guilty

Name:	fetch.jpg
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	5145
              Lee
              Iowa
              2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                Steve and Curt look guilty
                I just said the same thing!

Comment

Great write up Joe and then all the following comments and pics. Missed joining the party as I’m still recovering from rods and fusions in my back done in March. Already looking forward to next year.
                Jim

Comment

• Capnrip
                  Capnrip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Missed you Jim. Good luck with your recovery.

• MattB
                  MattB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hate to hear it Jim, mend well. I admit, I was wondering about your absence. As you say, hopefully next year.

• cabnfvr
                  cabnfvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to next year already! See you there!!

Originally posted by jpel View Post
                Great write up Joe and then all the following comments and pics. Missed joining the party as I’m still recovering from rods and fusions in my back done in March. Already looking forward to next year.
                Jim
                Thanks Jim! I hope you heal quickly. Next year is just a short time away.

Comment

Originally posted by jpel View Post
                  Jim
                  Missed you Jim. I usually run into you there at the BRPR.
                  Chattanooga, TN
                  Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Great to see everyone again. Like Joe said, we'll need to do this again next year!

Comment

Friday I rode with Joe and his group so no new news there. Saturday I rode out to Marlinton and the surrounding environs with Furman and Tim Buyse. Furman and I seem to do this ride every year and it was nice to have Tim ride with us. Tim came all the way from Kansas to the BRPR. I had ridden with Tim once in Arkansas. Took Tim to some of the best picture taking spots, Humpback covered bridge, Falling Springs waterfall, etc.

Humpback bridge and the love sign. The two trees are the "V".

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_095510.jpg Views:	1 Size:	300.2 KB ID:	5174

Falling Spring Waterfall

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_102346.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	5183

View from Highlands Scenic Parkway. It's about ten degrees F cooler up there than down in Marlinton. Was 68F up there with a breeze.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_115725.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	5175

Furman and Tim there

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_115751.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	5176

Small hole in the road on HSP

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_121244.jpg Views:	1 Size:	224.4 KB ID:	5177

It seems everyone usually ends up at the River Inn around lunch time.

The Gang at Marlinton; From l to r, George, Joe, Tim Furman, Gary with his back to you, Steve, Ken, Jimmy Z, Curt, and Pete.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_131556.jpg Views:	1 Size:	194.8 KB ID:	5179

The restaurant is right on the Greenbriar River

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_124030.jpg Views:	1 Size:	204.8 KB ID:	5178

Left there and went to the Green Bank Observatory. I think they have the largest radio telescope in the world and have some other exhibits outside.

Big ass radio telescope. Furman had posted this same picture earlier.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_142607.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	5181

One of the exhibits outside

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_142402.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.5 KB ID:	5180

Cruised back to the Wattstull on Rt. 39, one of my favorite roads. Took a break in Goshen. That's Furman and Tim but you probably already knew that by now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190518_155607.jpg Views:	1 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	5182

So a great day of riding with great roads and good folks to ride with. Came back to the Wattstull and decided I wanted to try and do a relive ride so fired up the app and rode from the Wattstull up to Eagle Rock and back on rt. 43.Having trouble getting the link to work so will post it later. A great rally and was good to see folks I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Thanks to Curt, Gary, Steve and Tim for coming from such a long ways. You really added a lot to the rally by coming.
                      Last edited by Capnrip; 05-22-2019, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Doctor350
                        Doctor350 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great stuff Wes. Have you fallen back in love with the K1300?

• Capnrip
                        Capnrip commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep. Still like my bike John. That ride was what it was designed for.
                    Working...
                    X