SGR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGR

For the 12th consecutive year, SGR is still alive, although things have changed somewhat. We are in the process of finding new venues, as we've had increasing difficulty with the availability of restaurants and other facilities in our previous, somewhat remote locations.

Several years ago we made an emergency change of venue due to Sierra fires, so this year we will return to our alternate location of Weaverville, CA, which is not actually in the Sierras but a scenic little town in the Trinity Alps area of Northern California, with great riding and scenery in all directions. We have a somewhat small group of SGR regulars who already plan to attend, and all are welcome!!

We will be arriving on Tuesday, September 3rd, and staying four nights, or at your discretion. We will be staying here:

49er Gold Country Inn
    718 Main St, Weaverville, CA 96093
    530-623-4937
    http://www.goldcountryinn.com

There are restaurants, watering holes, and other facilities within easy walking distance of the motel. Lodging may be somewhat limited, and no rooms have been reserved for the group... it is simply 1st come, 1st served, so if you plan to join us you should make your reservations ASAP, and tell them that you're with the BMW motorcycle group. There will be familiar faces and, hopefully, some new ones!!

I hope that some of the riders onboard here will join us for some great riding, scenery, and camaraderie!!

Charlie Wickliffe
    Ex-Kneedragger
    Last edited by justjoe; 06-21-2019, 11:00 PM.

Awesome! I loved my trip to SGR. I'm glad to see it happening!

Comment

I'll be calling for a room tomorrow. b

Comment

Great news, Charlie!

Comment

Perfect time of year. I just need 3 weeks off. It's tempting ..... hmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Hmmm....we've been wanting to attend this one. Who knows, it may work out.
            ain't skeered

Comment

Originally posted by Susan View Post
              Hmmm....we've been wanting to attend this one. Who knows, it may work out.
              Go! You will love it! It was my first rally and they are ALL awesome folks!

Comment

Good News Charlie. Been wanting to attend for a couple years now. I'm moving and not sure of my schedule but will try to make it. Hey, I need a break from house moving, right?

Comment

• Kneedragger
                  Kneedragger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That will be great... I hope you can make it, Bobby!!

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                Good News Charlie. Been wanting to attend for a couple years now. I'm moving and not sure of my schedule but will try to make it. Hey, I need a break from house moving, right?
                Bobby, do what you have to do to make it. There are about a half dozen regulars to this Rally who would be traveling from your area.

Comment

I will do my best. The only thing that would hold me up is that house sells and I have to move that week.

Comment

looking forward to seeing good friends again . starting to count the days to lift off . Beech just installed some new angel gt 11's for the trip and I'm good to go !!!!!!! . Is it time to go yet ?

Comment

I really am hoping I can get down for a couple days. That week I'm moving furniture from Montana to Ashland Oregon and closing on the new house. Great timing huh?

Comment

• Kneedragger
                        Kneedragger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ashland is only 140 miles from Weaverville, Bobby!!

We're planning on being in Ashland on Monday (labor day) and I'm bringing the bike. Think I'll be able to ride down on Thursday.

Comment

• Victory
                        Victory commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hopefully you'll be able to make it to SGR Bobby

I'll start packing the night before. Looking forward to seeing old and new friends at SGR. See you all next week

Comment

I will need to attend this at least one time. And meet Charlie.
                        Heaven knows how I will do this. If I can fit a bike in my little airplane, maybe.
                        Chattanooga, TN
                        Certified Hooligan.
                        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Working...
                        X