X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice day trip in Quebec cowboy country to St-Tite, Oct. 5

Nice day trip in Quebec cowboy country to St-Tite

Oct. 5, 2019

Winter is coming and warmer days have to be taken one at a time to go ride the bike. Daniel, the guy who brought me back on saddle in 2006, called me for a fun ride to St-Tite. Daniel is a former newspaper photographer and we worked on the same events most of our lives. With another friend of his we hooked up at 11h, late enough for the temperature to get comfortable. As we left and it was 47˚F (8˚C).

Click image for larger version

Name:	moto 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	12357

A short trip on Autoroute 40 west to Neuville and onto route 138 they call « Le Chemin du Roy » to route 159 up toward St.Prosper. We rode along the Batiscan River on 352 and headed to St.Tite on a back road. St.Tite is the site of the second biggest Canadian rodeo and also the village where the famous Boulet cowboy boot was created. My friends knew exactly where we were having lunch. A la Fût micro brewery is a place to visit. Great meals at reasonnable prices and of course very good beer. I usually never drink, even a glass, but I could not resist. I had a 12oz glass of amber ale. We went back on the road and headed on a back road, Rang St.Joseph where we stopped for a few pictures and toward route 363.

Name:	map st-tite.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	12358

We headed to Saint Raymond and to Saint-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier and traffic got heavier. We took a b-line on route des Erables and Chemin de Belair. I had a big smile as we tunred onto it. When I was 9, my dad bought a horse for us and we kept it at our uncle Pierre’s place. The road then was gravel so I rode my horse on it all the time. In 1980, y uncle left to practice medecine in Arkansas and left me house-sitting. I was 24 and the house was one of the nicest house I have seen yet. Indoor pool and all. So you can imagine the smile I had when we took the road.

Name:	Moto 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	12359

I came home at 5 PM and it was still cold outside. Fortunatly I had layers of clothing and kept warm. Ski gloves, ski pants with Bohn body armour under and the pinhole visor inside the helmet to avoid fogging. I had a wonderful time on the road. I wish the roads were in better condition. Cracks, bumps and holes were all over. I do miss the roads on BRP and around Maggie Valley. Not sure there will be more riding as the weather is getting colder. I guess I will have to prepare the ski gear. It sure was a fun ride.

Jacques

Attached Files

Excellent pic!
    ain't skeered

Comment

• Boissinot
      Boissinot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, my friend Daniel is a very good photographer. Made a living taking pictures most of his life. It's fun to have pictures of ourself instead of taking them.

Yes, awesome pic, I would blow that one up and frame it!!

Comment

Jacques, you’re now spoiled by our good North Carolina roads. You need to come back for another dose. They’re pretty good year round. Fly in, and we’ll find you something to ride.
      I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

• Boissinot
        Boissinot commented
        Editing a comment
        I sure did like the roads and the people I met. I plan to come back. Next time, I will try to pull the bike on a trailer. It beats driving the 81 all the way there on the motorcycle.

Great stuff Jacques !
      Maybe next year I'll join you for a ride or two .

Comment

• Boissinot
        Boissinot commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love that Martin.

Great pic and ride report, next time you are in Seins-Tits be sure to stop a l'épicerie Veilette they have awesome cretons and marinated steak.
      Last edited by EricM; 10-06-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Boissinot
        Boissinot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I will look it up Eric.

• Martin_D
        Martin_D commented
        Editing a comment
        Seins-Tits , lol ...

• 802Mike
        802Mike commented
        Editing a comment
        "Seins-Tits", Is that right?
        Is there a Hooters there?

Nice pic... looks like Fall is underway up in the Great White North!
      "Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

• Boissinot
        Boissinot commented
        Editing a comment
        You bet. The fall colors are here.

J, great pic. I enjoyed our "breakfast discussions".
      Return soon buddy, maybe you can still make it to AHR.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Boissinot
        Boissinot commented
        Editing a comment
        Mani, I enjoyed the discussions too. That's the way we get to understand each other and respect their point of view. This trip was great, not only for the roads, but for the people I met. And you sure are part of it. Have a great day.

Nice fall picture
      Last edited by Lee; 10-10-2019, 10:01 AM.
      Lee
      Iowa
      2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Criss de belle pic ! Frame it !

How's that for a first post?

There's never enough time to do it right but there's always time to do it over...

Comment

• Rob
          Rob commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep ‘em coming.

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        Criss de belle pic ! Frame it !

How's that for a first post?
        Hey howdy Bubba! Good to hear from ya!

Comment

Working...
        X