34 Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 Years

June 28, 1986. My riding buddy and I say our I do's. It was a sunny day. Today is a sunny day. Let's go for a ride. Our first stop was going to be Sierra Nevada for a photo op with the S. Sadly they were not open. The entrance is an art display in itself. If you are ever near the Asheville Airport go to Sierra Nevada!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1-Sierra Nevada.JPG Views:	1 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	22225

This is only 20 minutes or so from home so we'll just come back one day. Here's a typical back road a couple of miles from the Sierra Nevada gate.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2-Local.JPG Views:	1 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	22226

We rode around for about an hour then headed to town for lunch. Looks like I needed a break.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3-Feel Good.JPG Views:	1 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	22227

We get an outside table at the Black Rose in Hendersonville, NC. Our steed awaits patiently. She just had a dose of high octane and we're letting her run through it pretty good.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	4 Waiting.JPG Views:	1 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	22234

Everyone must have heard about our anniversary. The local air museum had a downtown flyover with a couple of biplanes.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5-Flyover.JPG Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	22230

We were 3 miles from home so weather wasn't a concern. Might be for those old planes though. They are the real deal, vintage restored, but I don't know the years. Oh yeah, the sky.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	6-Sky.JPG Views:	1 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	22231

It was a good day. We didn't go far, but we went and it was fun. As for my girl I've cooked her (121 in Needles CA when we got there), frozen her (forgot to plug in her electric vest on the North Rim in August, and it was SLEETING in the mid-30's !!), almost took her through a rain wrapped tornado in Shamrock Texas (I literally followed an 18 wheeler left tail light for a looooooong half mile or so. That was ALL I could see, one dim red light. No idea what lane we were in. No idea what was behind us. We have never seen rain like that!! Didn't know a tornado was in the storm until we saw the news that night in a motel in Colorado.), had a hail storm beat the tinting off of her BMW System III helmet, and on and on and on we go .........
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7-Happy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	22232

So there you have it, just another day. Next time you make eye contact with a stranger smile. It might be just another day for everyone, but then again, maybe it's a really special day. Oh yeah, I forgot the food. It was awesome!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8-Fud.JPG Views:	1 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	22235
    Last edited by cabnfvr; 06-28-2020, 04:25 PM.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

I knew I had a pic of that T shirt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-MtbWC4P-XL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	22241
    Last edited by Pete_Tallahassee; 06-28-2020, 04:38 PM.
    2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
    Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

Congrats to you two !!!

Comment

Congratulations on your anniversary.

It always amazes me when you put the bike on the centerstand while still on the bike.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	3-Feel Good.JPG Views:	1 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	22227
        Lee
        Iowa
        2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by cabnfvr
          Next time you make eye contact with a stranger smile
          Sometimes they smile back
          Sometimes they get nervous and wonder what you're thinking
          Sometimes they know what your thinking and slap you
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Susan
            Susan commented
            Editing a comment
            I do believe that I may have thought about giving you a jaw slap once or twice...

Congratulations to a wonderful couple!!! Miss seeing you guys.

Comment

• cabnfvr
            cabnfvr commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto. It's been a while.

• Susan
            Susan commented
            Editing a comment
            Come on down to the Non-Invitational and bring some of your scruffy little friends with you!

Congratulations. How lucky were you to find someone to share your passions, and you also get to touch their boobies

Comment

• EricM
            EricM commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm convinced Marteeen would let you if you ask nicely.

• justjoe
            justjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            And slip him $20US. A friend told me that.

Congrats to you two!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor350 View Post
            Congratulations. How lucky were you to find someone to share your passions, and you also get to touch their boobies
            Are you sure that you're not related to Lee?
            ain't skeered

Comment

Congratulations you two! Though we've never met I feel like we're friends sharing a journey through life with its shares of ups and downs! Here's to many more celebrations in the years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Susan View Post

Are you sure that you're not related to Lee?
                Not related but I like the way he thinks
                Lee
                Iowa
                2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Doctor350
                  Doctor350 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t know you, but it seems quite clear that you have found someone to spend your life with that shares your passion.
                  And you touch their boobies

Ok big feller. Don’t disappoint me now. You’re the guy that’s got a pic for any occasion so I wanna see some pics from 34 years ago. Don’t hold out on us👍

And...congrats to the most special couple of newlyweds 🎉

Comment

Happy anniversary kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
                    Ok big feller. Don’t disappoint me now. You’re the guy that’s got a pic for any occasion so I wanna see some pics from 34 years ago. Don’t hold out on us👍...
                    Not the best quality since it's a pic of a pic, but here ya go, our second date was to a Halloween party.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	First date.JPG Views:	1 Size:	47.7 KB ID:	22299

Comment

• 802Mike
                      802Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I tried to figure out what you meant Lee and couldn't, then I said to myself that I have to think like you....
                      It was only the second date.

• Loggiebone
                      Loggiebone commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A grin says a thousand words.😏😁😁

• Susan
                      Susan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lee's a dog, but he's our dog

Here are a couple more. Pics are form pics so again, the quality isn't the best. These would be in the mid to late 1980's. We used to take a K5 Blazer and later a Jeep CJ7 Jeep all over the place in western NC. Once we came out of a back road to a gate that said "No Trespassing" on the other side! This pic was taken near Linville Gorge, NC.

Name:	Winter 1986ish.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	22321

This one is either the Outer banks of NC or Tybee Island GA or Daytona Beach FL. I think my shorts were too short. Susan's look good though.

Name:	Beach 1987ish.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	22320

Comment

• justjoe
                      justjoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Regarding the shorts, yes and yes.

• Doctor350
                      Doctor350 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Plus 1 on the shorts

• 955i
                      955i commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Tim, thanks for this post and all the photos. You and Susan are great. All the best on this anniversary week. Sorry I was late to this thread, but congratulations, again.

Tyson
                  Working...
                  X