Down to the Gulf of Mexico - Apalachee Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down to the Gulf of Mexico - Apalachee Bay

Partly cloudy .. Temps ranged from 58F/14.4C to 78F/25.5 C. I ran down to St. Marks and had a sarsaparilla then I went through Panacea to Carrabelle. From there I went to my friends new house project. He's doing as much of the work that he can. I will be roofing soon. From there it was gas in Port St. Joe and on north to Quincy non stop. A short hop and I'm home.

I'm disappointed that the RELIVE app will not create my video. After several attempts and getting the message that they were "sorry but they could not create my ride video because the err is activity related" I'm wondering if the problem was EXCESSIVE speed??? What do you guys who use the app think? Ever have a problem because of this?

Anyway here's the pic's.

Yes, I was at the Cooter Stew Cafe in St. Marks

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-QQbbkj9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	30768

Cooter Stew Cafe

Name:	i-Z6hM5zZ-XL.jpg
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	30770

St. Marks River

Name:	i-m6Bbfxb-XL.jpg
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	30769

Carrabelle Beach

Name:	i-DVXgvPB-XL.jpg
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	30771

Name:	i-4zXP4Tj-XL.jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	30772

Friend building a place for me to stay when I'm in Apalachicola.

Name:	i-HxHpKhr-XL.jpg
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	30773

Port St .Joe

Name:	i-h4V8S6x-XL.jpg
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	30774

Back home and the azaleas are almost played out. Summer will be soon.

Name:	i-FT6Z5vX-XL.jpg
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	30775

Relive App

Name:	i-M5GnQ6g-XL.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	30776

It was a fun day and I'm ready for Texas!

2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
    Rufus E Miles JR.

Wish I could help you on this one Pete , but I'm technology challenged when it comes to problem like this .
    I also have a small problem with the app so far this year , seems like I'm unable to add pics to my vidéo .
    Guess I'll have to look into that at home , and not when I'm on the side of the road ...

Comment

I tried multiple times to create the video. It just came back with them being very sorry but telling me it was "activity related" so they could do nothing about it.
      2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
      Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
        I'm disappointed that the RELIVE app will not create my video. After several attempts and getting the message that they were "sorry but they could not create my ride video because the err is activity related" I'm wondering if the problem was EXCESSIVE speed??? What do you guys who use the app think? Ever have a problem because of this?
        That's weird Pete. I use the Relive app on the bike & when I'm hiking & have never seen that error message. On the bike, I've been waaaaaay over the speed limit while running the app & it has always recorded my ride. I have had it quit on me though before I finish a ride or a hike. When I first started using it for hiking, I had questions about how long it the app would record, since most days would be 7-8 hours or more of hiking. The Relive support folks were quick to respond & I bet if you shot them an email about the error, they could figure it out. I'd be surprised if it's something you are doing or not doing. At worse case, you can delete & reinstall the app.

It was a fun day and I'm ready for Texas!
        Right on!!! Steve, Gary & I are on ready too. I don't think Steve is gonna have his new wheels by the time we leave, so the plan is for him to borrow the KS & I'll ride the GS.

Gonna be a party my bruthuh!!!

"Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
          Pete_Tallahassee commented
          Editing a comment
          Another RR

• Pete_Tallahassee
          Editing a comment
          Curt, so it recorded your waaaaaay over the limit speed in the video?

• McFly
          McFly commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. It shows top speed when you create your video. The thing I wish I knew in the beginning is, you can't trim your ride or hike after you've created your video, only before. Once you create your video, you can't go back & trim it. There have been times I've forgotten to turn off the app after a hike, then jumped in the car & drove 10 miles before I realized it's still running.

Like Martin I’ve had trouble adding pictures in the new relive app but speed’s not been an issue. I hit 112 on my last one but my activity was “bicycling”.

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
          Editing a comment
          I inadvertently left it in bicycling mode during the ride then changed it to motorcycling when I attempted to create the video. I entered a title and it included all my pics. I push the create video button, it spun & whirled and then said they were sorry but... they said the problem was "activity related so there was nothing they could do".
          I was pushing 150

Pete, you need a better zoom on your camera...just sayin!

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
          Editing a comment
          Using a Samsung S10+. I don't carry a camera anymore.

Did you spot the body on the beach? That was in wide angle mode and does not allow a very good zoom.

• EricM
          EricM commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you offer to apply sun screen lotion?

Oh, get a GSHey, you'll have plenty of space for a camera!
      Working...
      X