No announcement yet.

Slaying the Dragon - Ape vs. Deere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Hossack front end makes a bIke want to go straight a bit more than telescopic forks since with the Hossack, the bike stays pretty level and doesn’t dive/compress. With higher air pressures you have less rolling resistance but with lower, it just requires more counter steering than normal to get the bike to turn. So...you don’t have a problem!👍

Comment

• R111S
      R111S commented
      Editing a comment
      So you probably know Pirelli set Speed/Distance records with the Angel STs some years ago. Pirelli testing staff and guests on a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa covered a total of 5135.071 km (3190.8 mi) and at an average speed of 213.961 km/h (132.9 mph) over the 24-hour period, marking the new World Record. To get the speed/distance they achieved I wonder if they ran Street Pressures instead of lower Track Pressures?

https://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/n...-new-angel-st/

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy crap! 21lbs in the rear for most of the Dunlops??

• Pittsdriverwes
      Pittsdriverwes commented
      Editing a comment
      Joe I think those are slicks and race tires. The recommendation for the Q3 is close to what they run at the California Superbike School - 30/31 front, 29 rear. I run a few psi more on the street because there are more pot holes in the road than on the track.

• MattB
      MattB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the 21 psi Dunlop's are race tires. Those are actually the tires that I've been running on the track recently. You do not want to run a standard Q3/Q3+ at those pressures.

You wanna be a track star, ride like one

i wouldnt go that low low on the street, but you’ll get an idea as to where you might want to try a few different settings.

Comment

Great report Joe! I also have noted your weight loss! Congratulations! What was your formula for that?

Jim

Comment

Won’t be long now where this site will be littered with Aprilia everything....

Comment

Originally posted by jpel View Post
          Great report Joe! I also have noted your weight loss! Congratulations! What was your formula for that?

Jim
          Health scare. I'll tell you the next time I see you.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

True, but in the meantime, it has accomplished what he could never have otherwise. Sometimes there is indeed a silver lining.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post

True, but in the meantime, it has accomplished what he could never have otherwise. Sometimes there is indeed a silver lining.
              True! A curse turned into a blessing.

Comment

Thanks for that report Joe. Definitely give us a report after your track day.

Comment

Comparing the Tuono to the tractor, I want to cry.
                  Matt
                  Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
                  Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
                  Dirt: Honda CRF450X
                  IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                    Comparing the Tuono to the tractor, I want to cry.
                    I do these things for you since a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is crying!

Comment

• Pittsdriverwes
                      Pittsdriverwes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jeebus Joe, where you find something like this?

• justjoe
                      justjoe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have, ahhh, peculiar musical tastes!! LOL! One of my favorite lyrics: "It's hard to hide a hard-on when you are dressed like Minnie Pearl"
                      Last edited by justjoe; 07-17-2019, 07:54 AM.

Originally posted by jpel View Post

Jim
                    Funny how that happens. Lose weight improves the hp to weight ratio and the bike is faster. Whodathunkit?

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

Say what?.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post

Say what?.....
                        Long story. One day, over a beer (oops, can't drink it anymore!)!

Comment

Working...
                        X