No announcement yet.

KHCR 2019 Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great seeing everyone ! thanks for the pics and report.....now to plan next year......
    low miles, well maintained

Comment

• Susan
      Susan commented
      Editing a comment
      Eddie had mentioned somewhere towards east KY?

Thanks Tim. Great write-up as usual. Was really good to see you and Susan again. 2 things, 1) I heartily agree with you that it's hard to top a Big Bone Lick. 2) Billy didn't put his bike in the bed of the truck. He was hauling a 16' enclosed trailer for it.
    See everyone in Maggie Valley, soon!
    2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
    Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• cabnfvr
      cabnfvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Somehow that last part struck me as funny, like "I should have known that" funny. Good for Billy !!

Great pics and great tales, Tim and Susan
    2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
    2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Again, Thanks for a great report and pics from those of us who couldn't attend!

Jim

Comment

Great ride report as usual.....it’s good we can still do this after all these years, the click just keeps clicking away, some of the best people I have ever meet

see ya in Maggie valley and Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Bmorganjr View Post
          the click just keeps clicking away, some of the best people I have ever met
          #TRUTH

Eagerly awaiting Maggie Valley myself.
          Matt
          Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
          Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
          Dirt: Honda CRF450X
          IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Nice report and pics, at the risk of repeating myself, should have more time next year to attend more of these Hooligan gatherings.

Also looking forward to seeing some of you all at Maggie Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by gonejonesin View Post
              .....now to plan next year......
              I'd like to cast my vote for somewhere near Natural Bridge State Park... tons of great roads around that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...!4d-83.6883545
              Matt
              Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post

I'd like to cast my vote for somewhere near Natural Bridge State Park... tons of great roads around that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...!4d-83.6883545
                Doubt it’s changed in the last few years but the “resort” across from the bridge was a mess...

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post

Doubt it’s changed in the last few years but the “resort” across from the bridge was a mess...
                  Oops, to be clear, I'm promoting that AREA more so than the resort. This area is in Matt's gonejonesin backyard, maybe he can toss out a few recommendations. As far as the resort being "a mess", have you ever been to AHR? Just curious
                  Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post

Oops, to be clear, I'm promoting that AREA more so than the resort. This area is in Matt's gonejonesin backyard, maybe he can toss out a few recommendations. As far as the resort being "a mess", have you ever been to AHR? Just curious
                    The NB mess is priced on a different planet than the AHR. I know you weren’t suggesting the resort but just a heads up

Comment

There's a place called Li'l Abner's near Slade that looks perfect. Food within walking distance will be the hardest part. There is a BBQ joint next door, but that's about it. There is a pizza place up the road but it is too far to walk too. And a Subway a few miles away. But overall, I think it'd work nicely.

Comment

• cabnfvr
                        cabnfvr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perfect! looks like THE Gordon, but remodelled.

London. Easy access, lots of services, good riding in every direction.

Comment

I’ve stayed there and its 3 steps above Gordon s ....feels very private and safety meetings won’t be a problem...even has a pool......as long as restaurants stay open it would be perfect, but there is breakfast without riding somewhere , I can have a cooler there with bacon and eggs and a flat top cooker, u can fry or grill till your hearts content, however we need to consider the rmr 2020 , that be tight for some folks to attend both

Comment

Aw shit. I had to go look to see if someone had switched license plates with me 🤪

Comment

Working...
                          X