9.5/10 2009 K1300S Lava Orange For Sale

2009 BMW K1300S Lava Orange
    Near Mint 9.5/10 condition
    Every available factory option
    22,911 miles, still taking day trips so it will change
    (2,800 miles this year so far)
    18,000 mile service completed
    All services performed during warranty by dealer
    Subsequent services performed by independent BMW, Ducati, Honda cert. mechanic
    Clear title
    Oil changed every 2500-3500 miles
    Pirelli Rosso Corsa rubber mounted (half worn or more)
    Brand new set Pirelli Rosso Corsa rubber ($350)
    OEM front and rear brake pads ($175, with ~200 miles on them)
    Several oil filters and oil

BMW Panniers ($1100) and bag liners
    BMW luggage rack ($300)
    BMW tank mounted Navigator 4 ($900)
    Radar detector mount, wired ($90)
    Battery tender & heated gear SAE pigtail
    Pazzo shorty brake and clutch levers (blue levers, Orange adjuster) ($300)
    Rizoma black gas cap ($200)
    BMW smoked shield ($400)
    R&G wheel, frame, engine, handlebar and rear drive sliders (~$400)
    Headlight lens polycarbonate protector ($60)
    Sargent Sport seat with locking orange storage pod and/or pillion seat ($1200) Powerbronze Touring seat, the most comfortable seat ever ($400)
    BMW stock tall seat
    BMW Akropovic titanium can with carbon fiber foot guard(same as anniversary models) ($1900)
    BMW front (adjustable) and pillion racing rear sets ($1000)(same as anniversary models)
    BMW mudguard on rear fender ($25 but nobody knew it was available! Haha!)
    Carbon fiber accents in place of ugly Matt black plastic body parts. I think I have everything that was available except for bellypan. (Estimated @$5000)
    Wilburs Custom shocks, top of the line ($2200 parts only)
    Riser Plates (these give bike increased turn in response, mine were ordered from Germany and sent to Beech to copy for forum members) ($90)
    OEM ESA shocks w/ ~8,000 miles
    Full set of spare rims (tires are shot) complete with ABS ring, rotors, TPM sensors ($3975, To be able to switch between sport and touring tires in 30 minutes)

Rear wheel Pit Bull stand
    Front wheel generic stand

I have all original take off parts.

Never had the fueling issues some had with this bike, in fact it runs damn near perfect.
    I purchased a BrenTuning handheld tuner, that can be registered to one bike only. I never followed up on this because the bike ran so well, so my unit has never been registered to an ECU. You can follow through on this and tune the motor to your liking.
    This unit cost $800 when they were a participating vendor at i-bmw and they offered it on promo.

I’m sure I have forgotten something.

$8,000.00 firm.

Selling because I’m getting out of the sport due to health issues.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0136_zpsgwwxfwip.jpg Views:	1 Size:	208.2 KB ID:	11590

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0135_zpss2yzgkpy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.8 KB ID:	11591

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0134_zpsf8zc1iuo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	11592
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0137_zpsd9hrnaul.jpg Views:	1 Size:	154.8 KB ID:	11593
    Last edited by jargon; 09-24-2019, 07:46 AM.

Nice bike and set of useful options. Hope your health situation improves.

Comment

• jargon
      jargon commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks!

Good luck with the sale John. As Tyson said best of luck with your health issues. I still owe you a lunch unless the playoffs set themselves up for another wager.

Comment

• wildbears
      wildbears commented
      Editing a comment
      Due to work, many of my rides these days are low speed and short.

But enough to take care of the itch.

Sorry that you're getting out of riding.

• Capnrip
      Capnrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Martin, Astros called up a guy born in Longueuil. Another reason to love the Astros, as if you needed one.

• Martin_D
      Martin_D commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah , saw that Wes . Toro is his name ... And sorry John , but the Yankees have won enough already ... :-)

John sorry to hear you have to give up riding.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2016 R1200RS

Comment

• jargon
      jargon commented
      Editing a comment
      Lee, it’s all good, it is a choice that I’m making. I can’t go 100 miles without grinding my teeth in pain, so no more long trips, and when I do go 100 miles, I need to get off the bike at least once.

Tyson that bike has your name on it.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2016 R1200RS

Comment

• jargon
      jargon commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone will get a very nice motorcycle, that’s for sure!

• jargon
      jargon commented
      Editing a comment
      I know I shouldn’t care, but I want the bike to go to an enthusiast; someone who will appreciate it and know what to do with it.
      That’s all I have to say ‘bout that!

So ride 49 miles then turn around and go home! 98 miles is better than none!

Comment

Probably gonna wanna do the Catskills this Fall after I come back from Italy, just sayin’!

Comment

Originally posted by jargon View Post
        Probably gonna wanna do the Catskills this Fall after I come back from Italy, just sayin’!

Lets! Don’t eat all the Cannoli’s...I’m headed over next month.

Comment

John, can you ride the GSA with less pain?
          It would be nice to keep it at least for the occasional short ride.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2016 R1200RS

Comment

• cabnfvr
            cabnfvr commented
            Editing a comment
            Or just to wax on. That's hard to do with a GS. You wax, but then it still looks the same,

• jargon
            jargon commented
            Editing a comment
            Somewhat more comfortable on the GSA, but the issue really has to do with the need to change positions. Fortunately, standing on the GSA pegs while in motion REALLY helps a lot.

I don’t know if your problem is in hips and/or knees, but I ride with two artificial hips and two artificial knees. I also pre med with Ducati Touring Candy... Ibuprophen. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Beautiful bike, BTW. I almost bought a used one at South Sound BMW until it wouldn’t start (Dead Battery), and the sales manager wanted to charge me $60.00 to make sure my trade, a K1200R did not need work. I really like both my R1200RS and K1300S HP, and South Sound can pound sand.

Comment

Sad to hear John. I’ve often contemplated what I’d do if I couldn’t ride any more. Probably a Z4 or a SLK350. I’d only need a two seater ‘cos my wife would leave me if I bought one though😬.
            Don’t leave the forum though - you’re needed👍

Comment

Working...
            X