X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn find..

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29236/...ican-barn-find

Mine are never anything like that.
    I did get a sweet '91 Mazda B2200 pickup with 35k miles yesterday. I had a guy pick it
    up and drop it off at my son-in-law's shop because the clutch wasn't disengaging. My
    daughter saw it and next thing I know, they own it.
    I came up from WV where a 101 year old guy had it and only drove it into town to church
    and do shopping. He gave it to his granddaughter up here but she didn't like standard
    shift and roll-down windows. She needed a bathroom renovation more that the truck so
    a barter deal for some of my labor was made.
    My son-in-law freed the clutch and took it for a test drive, then my daughter drove it. She
    loves it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	9441

Comment

Nice truck !

Comment

She got a good deal there, Mike! The ute looks in mint condition - even the wellbody looks like its done no work.

2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
        2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Talking about "barn" finds. In our case, it was a "sheep station" find. Waz's cousin bought a sheep station up in the Murchison region of WA from a 90yo guy who had the place for something like 70 years. The wife had long moved off the station and rehomed herself in Gero (Geraldton). They had no kids. So the cousin bought out the crown lease (you can't buy the land up there). So anyway, when he was clearing out all the shit in the outbuildings, there was this bike parked up, still with the key in it. He bought it down a few years back and gave it to us. We've just stored it in our shed - LOL! I know its a Honda cos that's what the badge says. Perhaps a Benly? We dunno. I was thinking about turning it into a letterbox, or something .... Apart from farked, any ideas what it actually is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda%20LHS_zpsutcgpm5o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	236.0 KB ID:	9446

Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda%20front_zpsz6orixux.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	9447

Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda%20back_zpspjse4qaw.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	9448

Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda%20RHS_zpsyn4ang90.jpg Views:	1 Size:	333.8 KB ID:	9449

2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

305 Honda Dream

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hond...C72,_C77_Dream

Comment

Originally posted by FR4N View Post
              Talking about "barn" finds. In our case,.... Apart from farked, any ideas what it actually is?
              Originally posted by Aa3jy View Post
              Might be worth something for parts on e-bay.

My cousin bought one of those in the 60s and passed on his 50cc Honda to his
              younger brother and I to rip up the pastures on.
              We thought 305cc was big power then.

Comment

• FR4N
                FR4N commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Mike, do you have any old photos?

Fran, that is not too shabby. Maybe you guys can restore it. At least pull it apart and see if its possible.
              What a cool find!
              Chattanooga, TN
              Certified Hooligan.
              2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• FR4N
                FR4N commented
                Editing a comment
                That was the intention, but very time-poor ATM. One day .... maybe

Originally posted by Aa3jy View Post
              Thanks for the link. Seeing as its a single seater with rack, could it be the C70? Apart from that, what sets the 250 and the 305 apart?

Comment

• justjoe
                justjoe commented
                Editing a comment
                55cc? Is this a trick question? Am I a smartass?

• FR4N
                FR4N commented
                Editing a comment
                *Groan*
                Tick
                No
                Yes

305’s where US market..250’s overseas market..check the VIN

Comment

OMG!!! I rode one a these so many moons ago...Very heavy to steer and power was an unknown concept.
                If I remember well, the first inch on the gear shifter disengaged the clutch so you could actually use the hand lever only pulling away.

Comment

Working...
                X