No announcement yet.

Hate to be the guy but lets talk tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim, and then there is the Pirelli Rally STRs. I have them on after a bout with the TKC70s and they are a world of difference. Towards the good side.
    Of course, I have not done any serious off road type of stuff on it yet.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
      Tim, and then there is the Pirelli Rally STRs. ..
      Those actually get excellent reviews on ADV . TKC80s were GREAT here but I'd need 3 sets for the Colorado trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3Csw0DJCBIhX2sb3A8xSspUu4-KIX7VjMWZ4qODOqgM1EqYUwsXhWed1v0G5RdQ9ljkBHgWNM59HHEI_vjl7RJfvHqbuEQYRxzbABoN7o4bbO89BZwguE5wWYfoNKab9FTTHdpiNKLXXhA-H9eNW5jz8KFgW7sC-5O9H9nDyNVcoVdkmHh3-9M8YPHW-vvI_b1oZi4XcfRXT5YYh3ZwhqL2OoykWTvA_QqVq8V_UTUDIccsF94IQVo7fzS8QSb
Views:	1
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	3887

Comment

I get about 2500 on mine, probably 75/25. Doubt they even get that from NC to CO...

Comment

Just got a set of the Tourance's. I'll install them in the next few weeks

Comment

I think that you should use a DUNLOP KR451, Hard compound as it will grip hard objects better. Also, it's bi-directional, so you can flip it half way to Colorado if you need to.
            Matt
            Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
            Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
            Dirt: Honda CRF450X
            IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Finished off another Stinko 705 rear riding the mountains of WV & the BRP with EricM.
              The rear lasted 4,400 miles, even totally worn out I had no issues.
              That front has an unbelievable 9,100 miles on it, for comparison TKC70 fronts last me about 5,000 miles & are cupped badly at that point.
              I'm going to replace it, it's getting noisy & I feel some vibration.
              Both of us were on Stinko's & neither one of us had any loss of traction even in 50 degree temps.
              I ordered a new pair from americanmototire.com $176.33

Comment

Considering moving to an on off tire instead of knobs on my adv. like the knobs in dirt and gravel though...just doing more pavement now on the Adv. I’ll likely decide in the next year or so...🤪😏

Comment

Doug, look at the STRs. I likey.
                  Chattanooga, TN
                  Certified Hooligan.
                  2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Just finished mounting my new Stinko's. After 9,000 miles the front seemed to be attached to the rim, took a little extra effort but it came off.
                    The 1st tire change I balanced the rims without tires & I don't bother to balance with tires. Just for you Stinko haters (Mike) I decided to check the front
                    it's dead on...Stinko's rock

Comment

Originally posted by BillGsa View Post
                      Just finished mounting my new Stinko's. After 9,000 miles the front seemed to be attached to the rim, took a little extra effort but it came off. The 1st tire change I balanced the rims without tires & I don't bother to balance with tires. Just for you Stinko haters (Mike) I decided to check the front it's dead on...Stinko's rock
                      Good to know Bill... I just did a 1200 mile weekend around North Texas & parts of Oklahoma & my 705's performed pretty well. Got in a little dirt, gravel & some rain too on the way home. Had a couple of mini-pucker moments when I hit some loose sand, but other than that, the GS felt planted & sure-footed.

"Everybody knows you never go full retard". - Kirk Lazarus

Comment

• Susan
                        Susan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Any pix? :-)
                    Working...
                    X