Been picking up stuff to set up the GS and was leaning toward sw Motech crash bars when I found a full set of upper and lower bars from Touratech on fleabay. I put in a bid and got them for 287.00!! They arrived the other day and yesterday morning I opened up the box and was delighted to find not only the bars in great shape, but the seller had also sent a set of radiator guards from Touratech at no charge! I installed the lower ads yesterday and am waiting on some other items to arrive before installing the upper so I can do them all at once.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting the GS set up
Collapse
X
-
Joe, the XR has a fuel gauge which will start counting down when it wants to. The range says 155 till you burn a lot of fuel and then suddenly starts counting down.
But for all purposes, at least it has one.Chattanooga, TN
Certified Hooligan.
2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S
Comment
-
Karl, looking good buddy, there is a lot of stuff coming up on ADV as well, as guys are moving to the 1250. May I suggest a sargent seat. Absolutely worth it.Originally posted by Karlb View PostBeen picking up stuff to set up the GS and was leaning toward sw Motech crash bars when I found a full set of upper and lower bars from Touratech on fleabay. I put in a bid and got them for 287.00!! They arrived the other day and yesterday morning I opened up the box and was delighted to find not only the bars in great shape, but the seller had also sent a set of radiator guards from Touratech at no charge! I installed the lower ads yesterday and am waiting on some other items to arrive before installing the upper so I can do them all at once.Chattanooga, TN
Certified Hooligan.
2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S
Comment
-
I've bought a lot of things from ADV, I had to act fast though.
I got three different seats for my first GS from there but had to snatch them up. Later sold the
ones I didn't want and only lost shipping cost to me at worst.
I have a BMS from Rocky Mayer now that was built for me at the Hamburg, NY MOA Rally a
few years ago. Rocky wasn't even there at the time. I showed up early, no appointment, no
work order and his guys went right to work on it. I tested it and they made a few adjustments
until I was satisfied. They told me to come back later when he was there to pay. It took two
more trips back before they could take my money.
His guys worked their asses off in 90* heat the whole rally.
Totally trust these guys!
https://www.billmayer-saddles.com/pa...bms-difference
No problem going all day or all week on it.
- 1 like
Comment
-
So, what are people using for auxiliary lights to see and to be seen? I think the bmw lights look great, but I also think the price is crazy. I still need upper crash bars on my 2019 GS. I'll get them soon. I'd like to get some aux lights that don't break the bank that is already broken. thanks
Comment
-
Clearwater Erica with amber lenses, ties into their CanOpener. Blow the horn
and the lights flash or just flash them.
-
We have Clearwater Darlas with yellow protective covers along with Billie brake lights all tied into CanOpener. Not cheap.
You can pull the yellow covers off if riding at night.
Denali is another popular light.Last edited by Lee; 01-12-2020, 07:34 PM.
-
-
I look for LED Flood Lamps on Amazon with =>1200 Lumens each - typically less than $50/Pair. I then go to the local Ace Hardware Store and buy some Aluminum Stock to make mounting brackets. Lastly, buy a 20 Amp Automotive Relay, Fuse Holder, and On/Off Switch (Marine Spec) from your local Bass Pro Shop.Last edited by R111S; 01-14-2020, 09:23 AM.'11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders
Comment
-
I bought a set of yellow LED lights on amazon (~30$) and the denali mounting bar (~150$) all plugged into the HEX EZ-can (~300$) and am very satisfied for the price. I am not to worried of breaking a light while offraoding as the cost for replacement is minimal. Will try to find a picture and post it later.
- 1 like
Comment
-
I bought a knock off of the BD lights from the bay. Came with yellow removable covers an all. Works well to be conspicuous and throws a pretty decent beam down range.
I installed it with a canbus thingy from South Africa made by a guy on ADV the Can Switch. Far superior than anything out there. Its got all the GeeWiz stuff and 8 circuits, all controlled by Wifi off an app on your phone.Chattanooga, TN
Certified Hooligan.
2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S
- 1 like
Comment

Comment