No announcement yet.

Drone Search & Rescue

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone Search & Rescue

So I am now an FAA certified commercial drone pilot, then got certified and trained on Drone Search & Rescue.
    Here is a mission I flew.
    Chattanooga, TN
    Certified Hooligan.
    2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

No nekked ladies and window peeping. And no music! You can do better! Lol!👍

Comment

What drone are you flying? I have a Phantom 3 with antenna range extender
      that I play around with. It's old but still fun and if I lose or crash it I'm not out a
      lot because I bought it used from a kid that needed cash.

One of my clients was telling me that he'll be flying one with infrared imaging
      for search and rescue.

Comment

I fly a Mavic 2 pro. The Mavic 2 enterprise dual has IR camera as well and I may buy one later. Pricey!
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.

Comment

How long can “retail” drones typically fly before needing to recharge?

Comment

30 minutes a battery. I have several and can keep going.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
              How long can “retail” drones typically fly before needing to recharge?
              I think I get twenty minutes per battery. They’re getting old now.

Comment

Mike, these IR camera jobbies can run well beyond 5000$.
                Post up some pics/vids of your flying
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.

Comment

• 802Mike
                  802Mike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would but if my neighbor's husband finds out it wouldn't be good.
                  Actually, I haven't been recording anything.

Pretty cool stuff Mani.

Comment

Hope you drone owner pilots bought liability insurance?

Comment

Well, if you are mostly a hobbyist pilot, and follow rules, you should be OK. If you do commercial work, then it is vital.
                    Chattanooga, TN
                    Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Drones have come a long way in the last 8 years. In 2011, I was involved in a project for my kid's school where we bought a nearby 9 hole golf course to turn it in to an athletic park. I strapped a GoPro to the wing strut of my Pitts and flew around it getting some pretty good fall foliage video of the property and the school,

https://vimeo.com/31522461

Now, someone just launches a drone and get's way better video and photographs and didn't have to become a Pitts pilot to do it:

https://focusbykenneth.smugmug.com/S...Athletic-Park/

Another friend of mine is a a home inspector and he's using a drone instead of climbing on the roof.

I keep thinking one of my kids will give me one for father's day but I keep getting socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittsdriverwes View Post
                        Drones have come a long way in the last 8 years. In 2011, I was involved in a project for my kid's school where we bought a nearby 9 hole golf course to turn it in to an athletic park. I strapped a GoPro to the wing strut of my Pitts and flew around it getting some pretty good fall foliage video of the property and the school,

https://vimeo.com/31522461

Now, someone just launches a drone and get's way better video and photographs and didn't have to become a Pitts pilot to do it:

https://focusbykenneth.smugmug.com/S...Athletic-Park/

Another friend of mine is a a home inspector and he's using a drone instead of climbing on the roof.

I keep thinking one of my kids will give me one for father's day but I keep getting socks.
                        Get one Wes, they are so totally fun for us pilots. Its just an extension of flying.
                        Chattanooga, TN
                        Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Spotted some turkeys in the field across the road this morning and was going
                          to put the drone up and go have a look. But then I saw a pickup parked in the
                          pullout and guessed he was a hunter. Probably wouldn't have turned out well.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
                            Spotted some turkeys in the field across the road this morning and was going
                            to put the drone up and go have a look. But then I saw a pickup parked in the
                            pullout and guessed he was a hunter. Probably wouldn't have turned out well.
                            If you stay a bit high, most cant hear a drone and dont care.
                            Chattanooga, TN
                            Certified Hooligan.

Comment

Working...
                            X