My local bike is an S1000R. It is much "quicker" than my K1300S. (of course the K bike is faster). This little gem is an amazing little nasty machine. Oh, so fast. I have put a little MRA double bubble wind screen on it so I don't get blow off after 75 mph. The thing eats tires and constantly gets me in trouble. Much quicker than the K bike to speed up but not as totally fast, and not the Buick that the K bike is for comfort. K bikes rule. So many S bikes crash that there are plenty of parts on Ebay. I have a complete fresh clutch with basket on the shelf for 100$. Other stuff like that. Cheap and easy parts. Those young pups have not figured it out I guess.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
S1000R bikes rule
Collapse
X
-
I'm seriously considering an s1000r but am also looking at Suzuki's s1000. Very basic bike with only abs and ride modes. Not as many bells and whistles as BMW bike, which has some advantages. The "f" model comes with a small faring. These bikes can be had new for less than 10k. Best deal out there for a sport bike, IMHO. Probably will be my next daily rider. But that will have to wait as we're right in the middle of moving from Montana to southern Oregon.
Comment
-
Matt
Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
Dirt: Honda CRF450X
IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.
Comment
-
Plus one for the XR! It's not the stealth beauty that my black K1300S was, but it fits me just fine, and it moves out really nice. Same tire sizes as my K13, so I'm still running Metzeler M7RRs. Taking her in for a 36k service on Friday. That will be some serious bux, I am sure.Originally posted by aviator View PostTotally agree. I ride an XR. Pete here has the R
Seeya
ATBLast edited by Paughco; 06-06-2019, 01:47 AM.
- 1 like
Comment
-
Well step ahead a few years I now have a 2024 M1000R. What can I say other than Zowie, what a bike. Brakes, computer, the transmission is amazing. And is it fast, yes. Though because it is a naked bike I ride my K1300 faster due to no wind blast. The S bike is just WAY quicker on the throttle. The quick shift is so smooth that there is no need for the clutch until you come to a stop. It is light. Needs fuel every other day.
- 5 likes
Comment

Comment