Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki s1000f

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suzuki s1000f

    I was looking for a basic bike to use for spirited local riding and after some bike comparing I have settled of the Suzuki gsx s1000. This bike is a very basic inline four with only abs and different ride modes....so not too many electronic systems to go bad. Anyone have one of the babies?
    l plan to buy one later this year after my move to southern Oregon. If you're looking for a basic, no frills bike at a great price check these out. They weigh about 100 pounds less than a k bike and have decent performance specs .......and they look pretty cool too.

    ?????
    ??
    http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%...018/GSXS1000FA

    #2
    That is a nice looking bike. I'll have to check it out.

    Comment


      #3
      Nice bike, I like the blue.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

      Comment


        #4
        Bike is based on the 2005-8 GSXR-1000. How could it be bad?

        Comment


          #5
          I think it would look funny with knobbies

          Comment


            #6
            Or the updated water cooled Bandit with a new (but old GSXR) engine. A parts bin bike.
            Thats what the original bandit was and they called it the GSXF. I bought one. Nice bike, served its purpose well. One of the first lower priced bikes with ABS back in those days. I think mine was 1997.
            Last edited by aviator; 06-08-2019, 07:09 PM.
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by JCW View Post
              Bike is based on the 2005-8 GSXR-1000. How could it be bad?
              Yeah, I believe that was called the k5 engine. Very successful powerplant. Apparently Suzuki has made small changes to make it even better. Certainly reliable - no mention on the gsx s 1000 forume of any problems. Some owners experienced fueling issues but there were easy fixes for that on the early bikes and Suzuki has now rectified that at the factory. Owners seem very pleased with the bike. Can hardly go wrong at $9200 out the door.

              Comment


                #8
                Suzuki uses letters to denote the decade and number to denote the year...

                k- 2001 to 2010 with the last number the year, k1 to k10
                l- 2011 to 2020

                Their literbike received a major update in K5 then a minor one K7 and another major resign in L7. Their K5 engine essentially unchanged for 12 years was highly touted and still is consider to be a great powerplant.

                Comment

                Working...
                X