Heads Up: K1300S / K1300R Remus Exhausts to Be Discontinued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads Up: K1300S / K1300R Remus Exhausts to Be Discontinued

2/4/20: Didn't know what section to post this in.. Hope this one is OK..

FYI.. I was just told that Remus is discontinuing their K1300S / K1300R exhausts... The only ones left are on the shelf. No more will be produced.. As MaxMoto can't import them due to Kaleefornia's "green" laws... Pirates Lair is the only game in town... I'm importing them directly from Europe.

That being said.. if anyone wants one..(slip-on or full system).. PM me and I can tell you what's left..

and that's all I've got to say about that...

Man, this makes me sad. But, the mothership killed the K-S and other vendors will follow.

Comment

For anyone wondering, the Remus is a great exhaust for the S. If you don't have one, get one. Here's a pic. I forget what state we were in.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	AP6xT-_wkZ0UyNw3uT9GHKJQvVgIllhXGtRnNccZPA_4KFGGld9sYtVZ0MZTafM7L3ivG9yu_ZwNhlVpoxbqHZkH0jLhTU-XNUS_Wq299EssQBJBfC409QFMRmXVSaDGxLYU5lCwqJ2YCz-ji2e1d5PMKalSBwefOVtQk2Vyuvfq9LBQq6lBf5kHPEJgosZiUoZR-fguKNeEwg8mAFvwEyqegexwEYcOZtMYoztzedOhWyDit_E62vnxYUyhaUI Views:	1 Size:	261.6 KB ID:	17357

Comment

• justjoe
        justjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Kansas? The Remus looks fantastic and sounds even better.

Had a Remus on my KS from our favorite Pirate and it sounded wonderful. Bike was a POS but the noise was great!

Comment

• Kneedragger
        Kneedragger commented
        Editing a comment
        What was wrong with the bike??

• Loggiebone
        Loggiebone commented
        Editing a comment
        Fueling, brakes, Hossack bearings, clutch, electrical gremlins plus what seems like a million other little things.

• Kneedragger
        Kneedragger commented
        Editing a comment
        Was that your K12S "Bumblebee"? I don't remember exactly what you were riding when we met in Taos long ago...

Comment

Since selling my '09 and buying my "new" 2015 K1300S I've discovered that the accessory market for these bikes has shrunken considerably... too bad, it's such a great bike!!

Comment

Yeah, if you want model specific goodies and farkles, I guess we have to go offshore. I bought BMW panniers for my R1200Rs from Bohling, I believe, at about one half what BMW rips us off for here, and that’s including shipping. Shipping times vary, but it’s better than nothing.

Comment

• Kneedragger
            Kneedragger commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought a set from Bohling for my K1300S... purchased nearly 3 weeks ago but covid-19 apparently has international shipping at a near standstill... still waiting...

Hi Jerry, Please check out Speed Pro Cobra Exhaust of Germany. https://www.cobraexhaust.de/Cobra-mo...le-exhausts_54

They offer 21 Models of Slip-On Mufflers with variations within each model (Carbon/Titanium/Stainless/Length/etc.) for the K1300R/S. I have the SP2 Stainless Model on my K1300S and like it allot!

As far as I know, there's no Speed Pro Cobra seller here in the USA. They're not affiliated with Cobra Exhaust USA.
          '11 BMW K1300S - Cobra SP2 Slip-On Muffler, OEM Centerstand, Grip Puppies, OEM Rear Rack, OEM Bags, Three Vent Holes in Filler Neck, Kuykendahl Riser Plates, Kickstand Foot, Ilmburger Rear Hugger, Throttle Meister, Stebel Horn, ABM Synto EVO Brake/Clutch Levers, Corbin Seat, Z-Technik Smoke Windscreen, R&G Frame Sliders

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	side_view_new_plate.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	17828
            Click image for larger version  Name:	rearplate.jpg Views:	1 Size:	240.5 KB ID:	17827
            Sorry to hear this. Love Remus. Cabin...I can fix that nasty looking rear mud thing for you with one of my plate eliminators.
            Last edited by beech; 02-16-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• beech
              beech commented
              Editing a comment
              On the top of the main slide box in back is stamped in old letters "your not a machinist if you hammer here". I had to take the thing apart to lift it onto the bench. It weighs way over 200 lbs..

• cabnfvr
              cabnfvr commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, but the mud thing is there to keep mud off of Susan.

• dynajohn
              dynajohn commented
              Editing a comment
              Got rid of that nasty rear mud thing when beech sent me one of his first plate eliminators. Looks great beech and my wife doesn't ride so not a problem.

Really glad I picked up a Remus Ti for my 1300R. Had no idea they were being discontinued which is a real shame. Awesome note especially with the baffle out (which is the way I like it) when changing gears with a few revs on the dial😬

Comment

I bought a Remus from Beech. Great slip on and it helped with weight, performance and better sound. Always looking for more performance from the mighty 1300 so I then bought a full Akra system. The Remus was only on the bike 3 months and is for sale on this site if interested.

Comment

Working...
              X