Seat for a S1000XR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat for a S1000XR?

I'm shopping around for a seat for my 2016 XR. Currently of interest is the Sargent seat sold by Revzilla. But what else is available? What works for you? The stock seat locks you into one position, so I'm looking for something that lets me move around more. Any suggestions?
    I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

I'm not sure if you are a member (I seem to recall that you said at one time that "those people" aren't getting a dime of your money ), anyway, if you went on the BMW MOA forum, they would suggest the Russell Day Long. Comfortable perhaps but those things are so bucking ugly, you may not consider the idea.
    ain't skeered

Comment

• Rob
      Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      Susan, you're right on both counts. I didn't see a reason to stay a member of the MOA, and the Russell Day-Long saddle would look better on a horse. But Thanks, doll!

When I got my first GS I bought every brand of used seat that came up for sale
    in the ADV Flea Market. I narrowed it down to the one I liked best and sole the
    rest. I was only out the cost of shipping in most cases and sometimes made a
    little profit.
    I never haggled on the price if I though ti was fair because they would go fast.
    I have Mayer seat that Rocky Mayer's guys made for me at the Hamburg, NY
    MOA Rally. Love it ! I spent all day in it for about three weeks this spring.
    Last edited by 802Mike; 06-19-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Rob, the best seat for the XR is the BMW HP seat. Find one for sale used. They are the most comfortable. I had Dale buy one and he is so happy. Look no further.
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• Rob
        Rob commented
        Editing a comment
        Mani, Revzilla sells both the Sargent and the BMW HP seats. So I've ordered both to compare. I'll take good care, and Revzilla's return policies are very lenient: just pay the freight back and they're okay with it. I got the Sargent seat today, not the HP seat yet. I'll let you know.

Okay, I've done my comparison test on the two seats and have gone with the Sargent. The BMW HP seat does have nice cushioning, but with me, it continuously had me sliding toward the tank, except under hard acceleration. But maintaining a steady speed, I felt like like I was sliding forward. It was like a small town hotel: no ballroom.

The Sargent seat has a flatter seating surface, so I wasn't pushed one way or another, and then good support behind to keep you from sliding rearward under acceleration. It's the better choice for me.
      Last edited by Rob; 06-27-2022, 08:20 PM.
      I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Working...
      X