Remus for my R1250RS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remus for my R1250RS

I rode home on my 2022 R1250RS on July 6, 2022. First farkle that I immediately ordered was a Wunderlich sidestand "foot." Gotta have that for parking on grass or other unpaved surfaces. Next order was for the Powerlet PKT-069-24 kit. Had to modify it a bit, but I ended up with a beefy Powerlet DIN socket on the left side of the bike. Finally, after looking at that chrome bazooka of a muffler, I decided my new sled had to have a Remus exhaust. I read several things on the Internet, including https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/202...bmw-r-1250-rs/. I checked the Remus site, but it was just a bit confusing as to whether or not I had to order the connector unit separately.

Fortunately, we have the Pirate. I checked on the Pirate's Lair site and they have a Remus exhaust for my R1250RS. I emailed the Pirate (Jerry) and asked if I needed that separate, $200 piece. He said that his $1,180 price included everything. Cool. I sent him an email saying I was ready to go. He asked me to call Amber on tomorrow and she'd take care of everything. I called her on the morning of 9/13. My new Remus arrived on 9/19. The installation was "chimp easy." Bike sounds way better. But the really big difference is in the looks. Way more business-like, IMHO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AL9nZEVDBhCofeZgsbzhkmb_LL-yGBtlN_rc495U8PXBl6LI-Us3Gy1rnbt51586rHt5hIVmqTg6hcgt9SRErBVMr97hP_sCyUkKGPZO0DYyBhqhaHiVb-3_vgZa62T3YNeRHMxYY82Pjy8dMi4M3AdfFIhK=w1343-h1790-no?authuser=0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	42537

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know: the Pirate is still out there, waiting to take care of your deviant motorcycle parts desires.

Seeya
    ATB

I haven't seen his news letter in a long time. Didn't
    know he was still in business after his heart issue.
    I'd love one of those RSs.

Comment

Be careful with the side stand. The sidestand on the RS and R is too long making the bike sit almost vertical. The foot will make things worse. Pleny of riders have had their RS fall over because of the long stand.
      Does the Remus have a cover over the connector?
      The black Remus looks good with the white, black and red. Do you have a picture from the side?
      Last edited by Lee; 09-27-2022, 08:32 AM.
      Lee
      Iowa
      2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
        Be careful with the side stand. The sidestand on the RS and R is too long making the bike sit almost vertical. The foot will make things worse. Pleny of riders have had their RS fall over because of the long stand.
        The black Remus looks good with the white, black and red. Do you have a picture from the side?
        Yeah - I wish she had a few more degrees on the side stand lean angle. I'm always careful how and where I park with the side stand. Here's a picture from the side (background garage clutter blurred).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SIwbSs7mbRKdB9Y3kIEvSUu4GtcHUr-piR66OJIod2QaArwagfyRH6BjJA2t-d0TSOjz8KsgYfKldzKjhjD-V0mVgQlx6wPn4JppoClgiWuV14jj8qSYycEko-hxmZH03fP2hhtJTYvibP2o1ysnf3L_xYTmoWj7PolhiOByhlv9zRqqlvtarvNR6g5m3MYYKIft7eqxqKD0mWuXSfG_JdbaczmjkX8Xxa8DAV4ywvQ26eU9kWxqzFgNcaLQh6z
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	42760

Had a great ride yesterday, from my secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley up to the Birdsview Brewery on Hwy 20. Zero freeway miles, both up and back. Beech was there on his S1000R. Andy rolled up on his R1250RS. A few more Fools showed up. Had ice tea (caffeine better than alcohol when riding). The weather was perfect, but fall is just around the corner.
        Last edited by Paughco; 10-02-2022, 11:27 AM. Reason: Add photo

Comment

• wildbears
          wildbears commented
          Editing a comment
          Better check wind direction too.....

"I'm always careful how and where I park with the side stand. "

Looks good. Looking forward to hearing it someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
          Lee: you are right. I got rid of the "foot." Much better. Hey, I'll never get the RS that far off pavement to need a foot anyway.

Seeya
          ATB

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
            Looks good. Looking forward to hearing it someday.
            You'll see it at the 2023 Chief Joseph Rally in John Day.

Seeya
            ATB

Comment

Working...
            X