Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3 wheels at the top of the pages....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 wheels at the top of the pages....

One appears to be off road and the other 2 appear to be different types of street/touring tires.

What's the difference/significance of the latter 2?

I can’t speak for the creator of the logo but......some of us on this site have a long history together, at first it was a brand specific, sport touring thing...........we all became very good friends meeting in different parts of the country, we got to know each other very well, and wanted to share our different types of riding passions with our web friends, and it turned out to be a great adventure and success....we bonded even more, motorcycles have a passion that only riders will understand, and we all have different motorcycling passions besides just sport touring and a single brand.....

Some guys even bought a duel sport bike or a full blown enduro bike to find out what their crazy web friends were raving about and didn’t want to miss out on the excitement at a gathering that was planned for primarily a sport touring get- together and they had the time of their lives and memory’s we all as good friends will never forget
    Last edited by Bmorganjr; 09-15-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Susan
      Susan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said, my friend and forever hero! :-)

Boy did I ever take the heat when I purchased my first GS while on That other site never to be named. I even recall some current GS riders SWEAR to never ever own that ugly bike...so ugly only a mother could love....well well well, lookiie at us now

Comment

Originally posted by wildbears View Post
      One appears to be off road and the other 2 appear to be different types of street/touring tires.

What's the difference/significance of the latter 2?
      Well rounded site !

Comment

Originally posted by Bmorganjr View Post
        I can’t speak for the creator of the logo but......some of us on this site have a long history together, at first it was a brand specific, sport touring thing...........we all became very good friends meeting in different parts of the country, we got to know each other so well, and wanted to share our different types of riding passions with our web friends, and it turned out to be a great adventure and success....we bonded even more, motorcycles have a passion that only riders will understand, and we all have different motorcycling passions besides just sport touring and a single brand.....

Some guys even bought a duel sport bike or a full blown enduro bike to find out what their crazy web friends were raving about and didn’t want to miss out on the excitement at a gathering that was planned for primarily a sport touring get- together and they had the time of their lives and memory’s we all as good friends will never forget
        Bill hits the highlights pretty well. The three tires represent touring, sport, and dual-sport riding. And the idea is to not be brand-specific although you could argue the tires represent a specific brand endorsement. But we are talking bikes here, not tires.

And the GS/GSA is still one of the ugliest bikes on the planet, but not as ugly as the Multistrada and the Honda PC800 of course.

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post

Bill hits the highlights pretty well. The three tires represent touring, sport, and dual-sport riding. And the idea is to not be brand-specific although you could argue the tires represent a specific brand endorsement. But we are talking bikes here, not tires.

And the GS/GSA is still one of the ugliest bikes on the planet, but not as ugly as A SCRATCHED UP Multistrada and the Honda PC800 of course.
          fixed.......

Comment

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            There a story to this that we haven't heard?

The "3 wheels" must represent great and loyal friends as the camaraderie on the site is very evident!

Comment

Originally posted by wildbears View Post
            The "3 wheels" must represent great and loyal friends as the camaraderie on the site is very evident!
            Well said, Lar!

Comment

Agreed! Very well said.

As to the starburst, despite y'all in the main being American, I'd like to think it represents all corners of the globe
              2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
              2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Originally posted by FR4N View Post
                Agreed! Very well said.

As to the starburst, despite y'all in the main being American, I'd like to think it represents all corners of the globe
                That is correct Fran! The compass is intended to portray travelers, across the globe. It is the rider that makes the difference. No matter what we ride, or how we choose to get there.

Comment

To reinforce a couple of comments......WE as a FAMILY stick up for each other when things happen...….both good and bad...…..WE also call each other out on "shit" as it happens or deemed necessary.

When the going gets tough....this group steps up in its own way per individual. Would rather be in a dog fight with anyone from this group be my side or along with them when needed. It has been shown many times over the years what a FINE BUNCH OF HOLIGANS WE ARE.

Doesn't matter at this point what anyone rides, be it two, three or four wheels. Hugs and handshakes are customary, along with a beverage and possible some herbal aromas. ;-D

At this point you ALL are good no matter the tread on a tire. Been proven more than once. CHEERS!!!!

Comment

I miss my PC800...in red, the fastest color....downhill!

Comment

• cabnfvr
                      cabnfvr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I dropped a PC800 the first year they came out. Daytona Bike Week demo ride. Stalled it on takeoff. Guy beside me said he could read my mind. "I got it. I got it!. Dang it, arrrghhh, it ain't mine." (as I jump off to the side).
                  Working...
                  X