No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carroll Shelby - The Lost Interview | Ford v Ferrari | Le Mans | GT40 | Complete Life History

Comment

A friend wanted to see "Knives Out", so I was like what the hell, I'm not doing anything.
      It was pretty darn good. Something you can take the wife to.
      A murder mystery that'll keep you guessing.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGqiHJTsRkQ

Comment

The first trailer of the 25th movie in the James Bond franchise was released on December 4. As we’ve covered already, it shows a handful of motorcycles in action, including a Triumph Scrambler 1200. Spectacular stunts are now a staple of the action-packed series, including motorcycle jumps and stunts of all genres. The upcoming No Time To Die is no exception and some locals were in the front row of one of the most spectacular stunts teased in the trailer.
        A new trailer for the upcoming new James Bond movie was released, showing a flight of bike stunts. We get a peek behind the scenes of one of the most talked-about jumps.

Comment

Anyone going to see Bombshell this weekend?

Comment

• Capnrip
            Capnrip commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife's looking for someone to go with her John. Come on down.

• McFly
            McFly commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny Wes... I'm guessing it will "bomb" at the box office.

In the last month or so we have seen:
          Richard Jewell
          Dark Waters
          A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
          Ford V Ferrari
          Midway
          The Current War
          All the movies were good.

Nothing we want to see this weekend so the next movie for us will probably be 1917.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Going to see Knives Out now. My second movie this year. Double a normal year.

Comment

• jargon
              jargon commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I’m very selective also.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Long and slow but nicely put together.

Rented it this week.

Comment

• Capnrip
              Capnrip commented
              Editing a comment
              Wanted to see that and was waiting for it to hit Redbox.

• jargon
              jargon commented
              Editing a comment
              Rented it the other night and enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed the twist at the end.

• Capnrip
              Capnrip commented
              Editing a comment
              Just finished watching it. Enjoyed it.

So, I’m not a professional movie critic, but the energy stocks I bought in August are kicking ass, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn over 20 years ago, so here goes...

Bombshell

Casting was very good. Costuming, also good. Great editing on Charlize giving closeup looks that spoke more volume than words in her scenes.

Seeing a quasi documentary when you know the story already, is a bit anti climactic, but it allows you to pay attention to things other than the story line. That being the case, I thought they told the story well, if not predictably. The film will get a lot of attention because of the current MeToo movement, and so it should. It’s a story that needs to be told for many reasons.

John Lithgow as Roger Ailes-awesome performance. I think he’ll be nominated for Best Actor.
            Charlize Theron as Megan Kelly-awesome as well. I think she’ll get a Best Actress nomination.

Both of these characters had amazing prosthetics, makeup, and wardrobe. Neither looked like themselves at all, except one scene where Megan was sans makeup at home once, then you could see through the prosthetics. Just pretty amazing for both characters.

Margot Robbie and Nicole Kidman both performed well, but not lights out like the two above.

Kate McKinnon from SNL, did an awesome job in a supporting role and I’d bet she gets a nomination too.

I’d heard it’s being considered as one of the best movies of the year, but I don’t know if it does better than a nomination, if at all.

I enjoyed it, particularly all the eye candy.

Comment

Knives Out was good. Daniel Craig's southern accent was phony as hell but I think it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. Had heard good things about it.

Comment

• 802Mike
                802Mike commented
                Editing a comment
                So who dun it, the butler?

Originally posted by wildbears View Post
              Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Saw it at the theater

Lee
              Iowa
              2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Ad Astra.

Brad Pitt's version of Sandra Bullock's and Matt Damon's space odysseys.

What's really important "is here".
                Last edited by wildbears; 12-30-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

We've seen the following movies over the break:

Knives out - thoroughly enjoyed this who done it.

Frozen 2 - a horrible sequel that had us laughing out loud at the cheesy Queen video imitation with mushy love songs. We almost got up and left to see something else - it was that bad.

Jumanji 2 - not as good the first one but still better than the original Robin Williams version.

We also saw Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway this week. This was a Christmas gift to our 14 year daughter and I wasn't expecting much. This blew me away with great performances from the small ensemble cast, the musical score, and the powerful story in presents. OK, I might be guilty of low testosterone but it was still great.

Comment

I just watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. It's a Coen brothers film. It's actually six shorts all with a western setting. The first one I found hilarious. They are not all funny. All in all I enjoyed them.
                    I'm now looking to watch "Knives Out" thanks to recommendations made by yous guys.

2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
                    Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• Lee
                      Lee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We saw Knives Out twice at the theater.
                      Didn't care much for Buster Scruggs.

• 955i
                      955i commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Coen Brothers are interesting. Their movies? Some are decent - some are horrible. With a 6-Pack like Buster Scruggs, they might hit one or two.

The latest movie my whole family really enjoyed watching was Enola Holms. Really entertaining even if it was sort of a girl-power movie about the young sister of Sherlock outsmarting him and Mycroft.

Also recently binged Utopia on Prime. More intense and disturbing that I thought it would be but it held my interest for 8 episodes.

Comment

• Loggiebone
                      Loggiebone commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ditto binging here. Jack Ryan series. Pretty intense.

While not technically a movie I just watched all 29 episodes of Yellowstone. I really enjoyed it. My first binge watch since Breaking Bad.
                    2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
                    Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

• 802Mike
                      802Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can I sign onto your account? I can't get it on my subscriptions.

• Pete_Tallahassee
                      Pete_Tallahassee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I watched on YouTube TV. It has ad's but you can fast forward through them. With three kids my account is maxed out.
                      Ask John, He's making big bucks and none is going out!
                      Last edited by Pete_Tallahassee; 01-04-2021, 07:26 PM.

• 802Mike
                      802Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I get that, haven't watched it since last spring. I'll check it out.
                      Thanks Pete, I'll pay you in Ripcoin, later, sometime..... maybe.
                  Working...
                  X