Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid Rip Off's

Thread Condensed.
    Last edited by wildbears; 11-18-2020, 12:49 PM.

What? $600 for a $50 order. Even if $60 that's a bunch!

Comment

My tire supplier wanted 300 bucks for two day shipping and 500 for over night. I went with the free shipping as always and the tires showed up in two days as usual. I've been paying $1.95 a month for extra data with Verizon. I'll have to look into this and see if I can drop my side of the bargain. We don't download movies or other large data packs onto our phones. Just when no wifi available the data meter starts rolling.

Comment

FREE SIRIUS XM STREAMING

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen

Has been since mid march.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
          FREE SIRIUS XM STREAMING

https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen

Has been since mid march.
          Watch out for Sirius. Once you sign up, its extremely hard to cancel and they WILL keep billing you.
          Chattanooga, TN
          Certified Hooligan.
          2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            I cancel every year and then tell them I want to renew at the cheaper “new subscriber” rate. They’ll send you a notification of the renewal coming up.

• Loggiebone
            Loggiebone commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s an annual ritual for me but still a pain in the butt: At renewal time I xcl they offer same or better deal. Been doing the same dance for at least 5 years...

Originally posted by 802Mike
          I cancel every year and then tell them I want to renew at the cheaper “new subscriber” rate. They’ll send you a notification of the renewal coming up.
          The last three years we have been paying $5 a month plus fees on both cars, this includes listening on the computer and phone.
          Each year I call in and say I will continue if we get the same rate.
          No begging required, they must be hurting for business.
          I like Sirius XM because we can't get a good FM station in our area.
          Last edited by Lee; 05-27-2020, 11:41 AM.
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post

Watch out for Sirius. Once you sign up, its extremely hard to cancel and they WILL keep billing you.
            When possible on any free program, do not give them your credit card info.
            We had several free plans with On Star and they would ask for a CC number. I still got the free plan and did not have to worry about canceling.
            If a company already has my CC number I put a note in my computer calendar with a notification to email me when the trial period is up.
            Lee
            Iowa
            2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

Originally posted by wildbears
              You can add Ticket Master to the list.

They quietly changed their policy to no refunds for postponed or cancelled shows/concerts.

This included the Stones 2020 US tour.

However, after a huge backlash, they have now switched back to the original policy allowing for refunds.
              Downright criminal, I try not to do business with companies whom operate this way, show your displeasure with your wallet. Same with MLB, they should be ashamed. When you pay for entertainment, and it is cancelled, outside your control, what exactly is their rationale? Taking it a bit further, I'd like to see all professional sports teams that have waded into politics "suffer" a bit like the common man anyway.
              Matt
              Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
              Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
              Dirt: Honda CRF450X
              IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

NetFlix is raising their rates while they're probably doing very well.

Comment

• wildbears
                  wildbears commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Captive audience?

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
                NetFlix is raising their rates while they're probably doing very well.
                A lot of people don't pay for netflix, they sponge off another persons account.
                Lee
                Iowa
                2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• Capnrip
                  Capnrip commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You say that like there's something wrong with that Lee.

• Loggiebone
                  Loggiebone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like he’s the spongee and not the sponger

• justjoe
                  justjoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He goes both ways...

wildbears what is it with you and Covid ? You have posted repeatedly in the SB, two different threads, .....
                Let it go man, this is a motorcycle site. I am nobody here, but please take it elsewhere. And I am saying this nicely.
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.
                2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
                  wildbears what is it with you and Covid ? You have posted repeatedly in the SB, two different threads, .....
                  Let it go man, this is a motorcycle site. I am nobody here, but please take it elsewhere. And I am saying this nicely.
                  You're right and although I've had several relatives affected, as have members on this board, I understand and get the message.

My agenda was only to keep fellow riders safe by discussing the issue.

My sincere apologies to anyone else offended.

BTW, a PM is always sufficient.
                  Last edited by wildbears; 11-18-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• justjoe
                    justjoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No apologies are necessary. Someone, not to mention Aviator's name, is just a grumpy old fart.

• aviator
                    aviator commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its all good my friend, these days we all get a face full of Covid this and covid that all day long and everywhere. We come here for some two wheeled camaraderie and BS. Makes this place more fun. Thats what I was saying.

• Loggiebone
                    Loggiebone commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not to mention politics ad nauseum😝

Hung my last roll of toilet paper the other day so I picked up an 18 pack yesterday
                  while at Home Depot. They had a limit of two per customer. I hadn't bought any
                  in a year, just before my shoulder surgery. I felt like I was getting some strange
                  looks as I was walking out. I'M NOT HOARDING IT !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X