Tank Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Protection

Does anyone know of clear tape that I can put on a tank to prevent it from getting a scuffed by the tank bag? There must be a tape material that is not too sticky, i.e. so it won't take off the clear coat when I remove it.

Check this kit out. https://www.autotrimdesign.net/mfg-s...mID=-1&Format=

Also, 3M makes a paint protection product that looks interesting. I haven't used either product.

Comment

I know it's not what you are looking for but I use bagster tank covers on my bikes.

Comment

I’ve used 3M protective film for years with great success. Easy to remove if you desire and doesn’t yellow.

Only downside is that you have to make your own pattern...but it’s cheaper that way. Can recommend without hesitation!👍

Comment

I've used the TechSpec Gripster tank protectors on all three of my K bikes. They were great and I liked the look.

Comment

Check out Tankslapper.com. They have precut XPel pieces. I haven’t personally used XPel but it’s commonly used in the Porsche community.

Comment

Thanks for the product ideas. I'm going to try the 3M protective film and see how it works.

Comment

Clean area to be applied with alcohol water mix. To apply, water mix with a bit a baby shampoo...apply to bike and film. Work from center outward to remove bubbles and be patient...don’t rush👍

Comment

Working...
                X