Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil change

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oil change

    Changed out the oil and final drive on OXCART yesterday. I feel good about that, because she's got fresh lube. I feel bad about it because I changed it because of time (1-year) rather than miles (6,000).

    Getting older. Putting on less miles/year. 2026 was a slow year. Fortunately I live in a nice place for local rides. Had a few great rides this year, including:

    The Rain Run: I think I already posted about this one. Got to ride with the Grandkid. I so totally enjoyed this ride.

    Chief Joseph: Now it has a more PC name, but for me it will always be the Chief Jo. Seems like it's a two-day trip from Pugetropolis to John Day, Oregon now daze. We rode to a nice place in Maupin, Oregon. Then a really great blast over the road from Shanika to Fossil, Oregon. Holy f**k. We arrived at John Day. Saturday Beech and I rode out from John Day toward Palina ("Pau-line-a"). Oh man. Glad I got those fresh M9RRs on OXCART. Rode to Prosser. Stayed in a motel Rode to a tavern that had "the best hamburgers in the world." That one is up for debate...

    A couple weeks later, we were in the middle of a heat wave. Rode out Hwy 2 to 97, then up to Pateros, where we stayed at the Lake Pateros Motor Inn. This place is highly recommended. Totally unknown. Everything you need is within walking distance. Hwy 20 on the way back. Chicken strips get thinnner...

    Concrete Fly-in. That was good.

    The Isle of Vashon TT. Way freakin' cool. You can see OXCART, my 2022 R1250RS and Ron's red R80RT at 2:20 in the attached video.

    Yeah, but besides a few runs up to the HRF Safety Meeting at the Longhorn in Edison, that's all I've done.

    Not counting all the little local putts down to the Rustic Cabin in Duvall, where I sit outside with the local scooter trash for a cup of coffee. Maybe a few rides down Hwy 203, then past the Carnation Farm to check out the elk herd in the Snoqualmie Valley.

    Next year I'd like to ride to the National in Great Falls, MT. Then maybe take some time to ride around between there and John Day, OR. Hells Canyon. Enterprise. Over the top past Tollgate.

    I've got a new set of M9RRs in the garage, just waiting for me to put a few more miles on the current set. Might have to go up and see the guys at the Safety Meeting tomorrow.

    Also, I need to replace the leaky transmission shaft seal on my '50 Pan.

    Seeya
    ATB

    #2
    Here's a picture of the '50 Pan.

    Comment


      #3
      We will be stopping over in Great Falls next year as part of our planned WA/ID/MT/WY/ND/SD/ trip. Hope to see y'all on the road!
      ain't skeered

      Comment

      Working...
      X