Visit with K-K (Rick)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit with K-K (Rick)

I had a visit today with Rick. He was on his way to New York and stopped in for a few hours. It has been several years since we last seen each other. He rode up on his Orient Blue 2004 K1200GT - that bike has a special place in my heart - it was my first BMW. I should find myself one - it really is an awesome bike.
    Quick lunch before Rick hits the road.

I remember Rick showing up at the Stowe SSR with the Kombustible K-Bike.
    If I recall, he'd installed an aftermarket exhaust and it caught the bag on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
      If I recall, he'd installed an aftermarket exhaust and it caught the bag on fire.
      Two Brothers if I am not mistaken

Comment

Nice back yard there Bruce.... that grill should accommodate a small TRP gathering.

Comment

Yeah we talked about the fire - looking at his bike it looked perfect - less than 14K miles on the clock.

Comment

• 802Mike
            802Mike commented
            Editing a comment
            This was actually originally your bike?

Nice back yard there Bruce.... that grill should accommodate a small TRP gathering.
          Hey Mike anything is possible!!

Comment

Mike I meant I had the exact bike like his.

Comment

Rick !!! I miss seeing him , great guy !

Bruce , your ok too ;-)

Comment

I had an '04 KRS zebra that I outfitted with the "wings" to approximate the KGT form and function. As much as I enjoy my K12S I regret to this day selling that bike. Please forgive the thread hijack, I get misty-eyed when topics including the brick bikes come up......
                Click image for larger version

Name:	May%201%202007%20download%20319-M.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	9955

Comment

Thanks for the hospitality Bruce and it was a good start to get back in the saddle after the past year and a half of medical B.S.. I caught some rain when fueling up but drove out of it to the West. I did about 800 miles over the weekend then beamed back on Monday. I considered a trip around Lake Ontario but the tires were wearing quicker than expected and one person I wanted to see in Clayton met me in Utica on Monday. A true trip of renewal and discovery and I feel lucky to be able to do it again. Maybe the big "Plan" next year Bruce? We'll see....
                  Last edited by K-K; 08-17-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

That exhaust was on the bike when I bought it, all I did was install a 2-Bros supplied silencer...
                    Last edited by K-K; 08-17-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K-K View Post
                      Thanks for the hospitality Bruce and it was a good start to get back in the saddle after the past year and a half of medical B.S.. I caught some rain when I fueling up but drove out of it to the West. I did about 800 miles over the weekend then beamed back on Monday. I considered a trip around Lake Ontario but the tires were wearing quicker than expected and one person I wanted to see in Clayton met me in Utica on Monday. A true trip of renewal and discovery and I feel lucky to be able to do it again. Maybe the big "Plan" next year Bruce? We'll see....
                      h

good for you getting out on a road trip!

Comment

Working...
                      X