No announcement yet.

Anyone have any interest,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, Pete. Hope damage isn’t extensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
      Good luck, Pete. Hope damage isn’t extensive!
      Found the plane!

Comment

Hmmm...needs a little work. I’d guess it’s a total? where was it?

Comment

Hmmm...needs a little work. I’d guess it’s a total? where was it?
          Airport in Abaco. I called and asked them to put it in the hangAr. They did not. HangAr collapsed anyway...

Comment

Oh no! That is a shame. Sorry Pete.
            Are your other belongings safe?
            Chattanooga, TN
            Certified Hooligan.
            2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
              Oh no! That is a shame. Sorry Pete.
              Are your other belongings safe?
              House is still there, and looks better than the plane. Won’t know what it looks like inside till I get there...

Comment

• Susan
                Susan commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 on what Mani said. People can't be replaced. Wish I (we) could fix it. :-(

• 955i
                955i commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, Pete. Wrecked airplanes look even sadder than wrecked motorcycles. Fortunately, no one was in this when it happened. Not much to salvage here. That's doubly sad. My Comanche was out of commission and covered with grime for a few years, and that was sad to look at. This picture of the 182 (?) is so much worse.
                All the best.
                Tyson
                Last edited by 955i; 09-15-2019, 10:25 PM.

• htheater
                htheater commented
                Editing a comment
                Pete,

So sorry to hear (and see) of your losses. I was thinking about you and hoping that you had gotten to safety as I was watching that damn hurricane inch by. I wasn't sure exactly where you lived, but knew it was on one of the Abaco islands.

As others have stated.....things can be replaced. Keep us posted on your recovery progress.

I wish that it was easier to get there and put together a group of us to come help. I have compressors, nail guns and a bunch of other tools, but, they are bulky and hard to transport there and back.

I am sure that building supplies will be difficult to get for a while. Is the government going to allow people to get stuff from the states without those HUGE taxes?

Taking your boat over? Sounds like another storm is brewing! Can’t happen again...😩

Comment

Sorry to hear of this, Pete. All the best for a safe recovery of what you have left over there.
                2015 Black BMW K1300R @ 49,200 km / 30,500 mi
                2006 Honda FireBlade @ 83,200 km / 51,800 mi - 3 x transcontinentals & a whole lotta hooning

DEAD: 2012 Acid Green BMW K1300R @ 172,600 km / 107,200 mi - Hit a kangaroo - RIP dear friend

Comment

Good luck to ya Pete
                  2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
                  Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

Taking your boat over?
                    I’m not that stupid. I’m taking someone else’s boat...😁😁

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
                      Good luck to ya Pete
                      I appreciate everybody’s thoughts. Means a lot. A suitcase full of hundreds would mean even more...

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPete View Post

I’m not that stupid. I’m taking someone else’s boat...😁😁
                        👍. You wise man, grasshopper!

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPete View Post

House is still there, and looks better than the plane. Won’t know what it looks like inside till I get there...
                          if you need help on appraisal damage on the plane, ping me. Or if your underwriting company is being a PITA ping me. Most policies now offer Hurrican relocation expense for free. unfortunately I assume yours didn’t?

Comment

My dad flew the hump in WWII and picked up flying again after the kids were gone. He lost two Cessna Skyhawks to storms, one at home and the other while on a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by wildbears View Post
                              My dad flew the hump in WWII and picked up flying again after the kids were gone. He lost two Cessna Skyhawks to storms, one at home and the other while on a trip.
                              As did my dad..captured in the last couple of weeks of the war after crash landing(C47) onto a Jap airfield..prior to that some how survived 50 bombing missions (B17)over Germany with the 8th Airforce..finally ending his career after 38years as commander with the PaANG ..

Comment

• wildbears
                                wildbears commented
                                Editing a comment
                                We're both lucky to have been born. Dad flew C47 transports from India into China. On some of the missions they lost the majority of the aircraft.

"Beyond the inefficiency of flying the Hump, it was incredibly dangerous. More than 1,000 men and 600 planes were lost over the 530-mile stretch of rugged terrain, and that's a very conservative estimate. It was dubbed the "Skyway to Hell" and the "Aluminum Trail" for the number of planes that didn't make it."

50 missions over Nazi Germany and then the hump. Somebody was looking out for your father.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/the-h...1#rebelltitem1
                                Last edited by wildbears; 10-16-2019, 10:57 PM.

• Capnrip
                                Capnrip commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Y'alls Dads were badass and I'm sure you both are very proud of their deeds in defense of the free world.
                            Working...
                            X