Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim D. - Nice to find this place.

Hello again,

I'm Tim D., I used to hang out occasionally at a different site, (he who must not be named), and I realize I am late to the game but at least I made it. I have to relearn how to post pics, make albums and such, but am grateful to recognize a few names I've seen here. A special shout out to Pirate, that HID headlight is still burning bright! The Stealth Backrest is still Bitch'n, and the Staintune silencer has a lovely sound, but does get removed from time to time. :-) I haven't seen FlyBoy's name yet, he sold me my awesome Ohlin's. I miss the guy from Canada who used to offer up free advice and bent over backwards helping me with my final drive. His avatar was a blue salamander? What is that thing? lol On his advice, I rode from California to Toad Rock. Toad Rock is quite the experience! I love it.

In the year 2020 I'd like to get out on the road more, do some Rallies. I'm a camper, tent guy, if I have to pay for a place to sleep, I can't sleep! I plan on riding to other States, States with cheap gas prices! Nothing better than a free camp site and cheap gas, except of course...cheap burgers!

My claim to fame is that I copied Fast Eddie and chopped off the lower portion of the fairing on my 2003 K1200RS. I'll tell you what...the used prices on a perfect condition K1200RS/GT is the Best Bang for the Buck anywhere to be found. Seriously, there should be a stampede on these bikes! Try buying any other bike for cheap, with low miles, that has cruise control, rides as smooth as silk, pulls like a locomotive, has a huge personality, is sexy, and has panache!

Keep the rubber side down,

Tim D.

Last edited by Tim D.; 07-11-2019, 12:18 AM.

Welcome aboard Tim !

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Pierre Bégin , forum name PBeginBurton (or something similar ...) .
    Maybe you could send a PM to Louis , who is a member on this site , I'm pretty sure he got all his contact infos .
    And his avatar was a blue frog , as in French Canadian frog ..

Comment

Welcome Tim!

Comment

Hi Tim, welcome.
        I see some cheap KRSs listed here but then think of the issues they've had
        and my inability to get into the technical side of things on them, so I pass.
        Plus with the GS and my like of back roads, it'd be a garage queen. I've got
        too many of those now!

Comment

Welcome Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_D View Post
            Welcome aboard Tim !

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Pierre Bégin , forum name PBeginBurton (or something similar ...) .
            Maybe you could send a PM to Louis , who is a member on this site , I'm pretty sure he got all his contact infos .
            And his avatar was a blue frog , as in French Canadian frog ..
            Yes, Pierre! In the middle of winter, he left the cozy confines of his wood stove in his barn, and traveled quite a ways to the post office in order to mail me a pristine driveshaft. That's a Canadian winter I'm talking about, ha! Thanks Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Mike View Post
              Hi Tim, welcome.
              I see some cheap KRSs listed here but then think of the issues they've had
              and my inability to get into the technical side of things on them, so I pass.
              Plus with the GS and my like of back roads, it'd be a garage queen. I've got
              too many of those now!
              I'm envious of the GS riders. I had a chance to ride one, a GS bike not the rider, and was surprised at how nimble and light it felt. And also how slick the transmission worked, very nice. I prefer the seating position too, as well as the off road capability.

Comment

Working...
              X