So, it was MotoAmerica motorcycle racing weekend, but it was also Nor’easter weekend!
I headed down to the track to meet up with Keene and Lisa. This was the first time I had to pay a parking charge for the infield. I had already paid for parking when I ordered my tickets, but apparently that doesn’t include VIP parking, which is what you need to park in the infield.
They did give me a credit for the parking I had already paid for, but all together, it ended up costing me $80 just to park.

Friday was windy, but at least there was no rain, and they were able to run all the races.
Saturday was a different story. On the way back to the track, we saw that many of the tents and pop-ups had been wrecked by the wind overnight. We decided not to set up our pop-up. It was still very windy and raining, but they managed to run the races in the rain.
Sunday brought heavy rain and lighter winds. That pretty much brought the racing weekend to an end.
I brought Nancy’s Olympus OM-1 with me and took a lot of pictures. I’m still learning the camera, especially when shooting fast-moving motorcycles, but I had a great time with it.
Here are some of the pictures I took.


Keene and Lisa, I often ride with these guy. Both great riders. They did a tour in Colorado last summer.



And the Bagger class Harleys and Indians.




I'm glad I did not need to buy any gas!

There was also motorcycle demos. I took a HD Pan American for a ride. It's not your Grandpa's Harley but it is no R1300GS. Would I buy one, No would I rent one for a tour yes.

Also did a ride on a Suzuki 800 V-Storm twin. Nice middle weight bike. Plenty of power and a very comfortable riding position for me.
Did a walk around the pits/garage area.

The heavy weights. This is my favorite class. They are big heavy bikes that don't belong on a race track. But they are and they are fast.

Just can't get away from Ireland
Friday was good but windy. Saturday was raining off and on we did not setup the popup tent due to the wind. Watched much of the race from inside the truck. Friday very heavy rain. They might of run one race. We did not go. Not every year will have great weather but it still worth the trip.

Comment