2019 Silverstone - spoliers will be coming I'm sure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Silverstone - spoliers will be coming I'm sure

Was that the most incredible finish to a race all year? It was friggin' awesome!

Definitely an exciting finish! I think Rins set him up with the outside line pass attempt on the previous lap. MM went a little wide on the final lap there and Rins was right there to pounce on him inside. Brilliant move and really happy to see someone making a contest of it.

For the first quarter of the race I'm thinking OK Rossi, this is more like it. Rossi just can't hang at the front anymore and I have to wonder how much of that is the bike and how much is Rossi's age. Life has got to be pretty amazing for him off the track and I don't know how someone his age in that situation can put it all on the line every other Sunday against all the young'uns out there.

I hope Dovi is OK.

Comment

Vinales was leaving VR in the dust. He’s still a freekin outstanding rider and legend but it ain’t only the Yamaha. His days are done but his days on the podium are gonna be scarce.

Comment

• Pittsdriverwes
        Pittsdriverwes commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems like Rossi is capable of a a solid 4th to 6th place in a field of 20something riders. His last podium was because a few riders in front of him crashed out wasn't it? I guess there's two schools of thought on a situation like his. Some riders decide to go out on the top. Others keep racing for the joy of it (or maybe because they can't imagine life without it - yet) and stay in the game until they lose their seat. I imagine when it becomes obvious to Yamaha that they need a different rider there, that Rossi would retire before he went to another team again.

• justjoe
        justjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Articles that I have read suggest this kind of retirement for Rossi. Yamaha and VR talk about the end of his contract as a joint decision. So I will assume that he rides until his current contract expires, then with a gentle nudge (being released by Yamaha), he announces his retirement and the end of the VR46 era will be official.

The King is Dead, Long Live the King!!

I doubt the VR 46 era will die but will transform into a team owner/manager as it is with his participation in moto3. He’s really good for the sport...in any capacity!👍

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
        I doubt the VR 46 era will die but will transform into a team owner/manager as it is with his participation in moto3. He’s really good for the sport...in any capacity!👍
        As an owner, yes, I see that as a good thing. As a rider, those days are done. I'd love to see VR46 have success in the paddock developing new riders and bringing competition up across the board.

Comment

Working...
        X