Jerez - SPOILERS be found here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerez - SPOILERS be found here

Remember the time several years ago when MM93 was penalized and had to start from the pit lane - and still one the race? I joked at that time that he could start from the overflow lot and still win. That was some incredible comeback from his agricultural excursion. That would have been a part of his legend had things turned out differently 4 laps from the end. That high side looked a lot like the one that screwed up Lorenzo's head. He was never really the same after that. So how hard do you have to hit a humerus bone to break it? Yikes!

ResultsFinal
    Pos Driver Time Pts
    1 F. Quartararo
    Yamaha·#20
    0:41:23.796 25
    2 M. Viñales
    Yamaha·#12
    +4.603s 20
    3 A. Dovizioso
    Ducati·#4
    +5.946s 16
    4 J. Miller
    Ducati·#43
    +6.668s 13
    5 F. Morbidelli
    Yamaha·#21
    +6.844s 11
    6 P. Espargaró
    KTM·#44
    +6.938s 10
    7 F. Bagnaia
    Ducati·#63
    +13.027s 9
    8 M. Oliveira
    KTM·#88
    +13.441s 8
    9 D. Petrucci
    Ducati·#9
    +19.651s 7
    10 T. Nakagami
    +21.553s 6
    11 J. Zarco
    Ducati·#5
    +25.100s 5
    12 Á. Márquez
    +27.350s 4
    13 B. Binder
    KTM·#33
    +29.640s 3
    14 T. Rabat
    Ducati·#53
    +32.898s 2
    15 B. Smith
    Aprilia·#38
    +39.682s 1
    16 M. Márquez
    DNF 0
    17 I. Lecuona
    KTM·#27
    DNF 0
    18 V. Rossi
    Yamaha·#46
    DNF 0
    19 A. Espargaró
    Aprilia·#41
    DNF 0
    20 J. Mir
    Suzuki·#36
    DNF 0
    All times are in Eastern Time

With a short season he may need to manage that win at all costs mentality. DNFs will be more critical this year. He'll have at least one more now. It was amazing to watch him run through the field like that but no doubt he was wearing out tires. That was about as nasty a high side as you generally see.

Comment

• Loggiebone
      Loggiebone commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Lorenzo’s was “higher” but both bad results. After watching MM run off track, it looked to me that he was riding with desperation. He could have taken out several other riders with his “elbows out” passes. But...exciting rider!

A third place would have made it a great race for MM... but being Marc, he was shooting as high as he could. I could not believe what happened. Hope he gets well soon, that was as nasty a fall as they come. And to add insult to injury the bike clipped him.

Comment

In typical MM fashion, he's going to try to get medically cleared for the upcoming race. How does he break is humerus, a really big bone in the upper arm, and get back on a bike in less than 4 - 5 weeks? It makes my little old man aches that nag my rides seem like I'm being a sissy pants. These guys and their doctors are in a whole nuther dimension.

Comment

MM had a fantastic ride. I'm far too unworthy a rider to wonder if maybe he should have backed off a bit. Amazing that he's planning to ride so soon. Whole nuther dimension fer sure.

Comment

Working...
        X