Trackday organization recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackday organization recommendations

I just had my first track day with Cornerspeed and enjoyed it immensely. Now I'm looking for an organization that runs events locally. From what I have found, Evolve GT, Sportbike Track Time and N2 run events near me. Can anyone recommend one over the other and why?

BTW, who is this handsome devil at :17's?

Edited to add: Barber, NCM, Talledega, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, NCBike, VIR are all within five hours or so of my house

Hey, that's Paul "Flyboy" handing off the vest 18* into the video.

Comment

You’re hooked in the stomach Joe.

I’d love to ride Barber.

Comment

We've already talked about this some. I've ridden with two of the three groups that you mention, it will be three of three a month from now when i finally do Barber which has been on my Bucket List for an extended time.

From my perspective, I could not recommend anyone new riding with N2 (formerly NESBA). This isn't to say that I'd never ride with them again, but you need to know what you are getting into. They seem to draw an immortal younger crowd that turn the day more into a race atmosphere. If that is what you are looking for, great... but if you are not ready for that I'd recommend learning elsewhere.

My biggest recommendations for those learning tend to cost a bit more, but IMHO they are worth the extra $$$ for the peace of mind (and yes Joe, that's coming from a bigtime cheapskate).
        Cornerspeed - Aaron Stevenson
        CLASS - Reg Pridmore
        California Superbike School - Keith Code (in disclosure, I've never been an official participant, YET, but can assure you from talking to them as well as others that have taken their school that they are a world class event).
        Matt
        Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
        Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
        Dirt: Honda CRF450X
        IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

The problem for me with those three you listed is low availability and limited tracks. I’ll do a CSS event or two, but for $150 I can do little Tally. That’s run through STT which I think is the .org running your Barber event (which I won’t make but may do in November).

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
            The problem for me with those three you listed is low availability and limited tracks. I’ll do a CSS event or two, but for $150 I can do little Tally. That’s run through STT which I think is the .org running your Barber event (which I won’t make but may do in November).
            I understand completely, BTDT. I'm just saying "Buyer Beware". I've never done an STT event, so I'll be better positioned to comment further on that a month from now.
            Matt
            Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
            Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
            Dirt: Honda CRF450X
            IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with Evolve or N2

Comment

Originally posted by justjoe View Post
                Probably two different type of track days. CSS is instruction based, I believe CLASS is as well. CSS has a set program of instruction with one instructor to every 3 students. It's not cheap and as Joe says they only come around every so often. I'd think the optimum would be to do an instructionally based class then find a cheaper track you can practice what you learned on.

Comment

Working...
                X