Look what I found!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found!

I'll let the owner of the video talk about it. I was talking to the wife about track days and told her she could experience the track with a professional doing a two-up ride and found this video.

"You told me it was scary, it wasn't scary. It was a whole lotta fun!" You want scary, ride two-up with me!!

I rode on the back for two laps with Reg Pridmore and Debbie did two laps with Jason Pridmore.
    They were so smooth it wasn't scary.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

I haven't ridden bitch since I was 13 I think. Wonder what it's like.

Comment

I feel like I've seen that guy (or someone who looks similar to him) hanging out in the mirrors of my home.

In all seriousness, 2 up rides with professionals can be really cool. With Reg, I recall having a few thoughts/concerns....
        1) will he be able to hold my fat azz up while not moving in the pits? I climbed on stretching one toe to reach the ground and help support myself
        2) we are moving, can somebody please lift my foot up to the peg?
        3) they call this a seat?
        4) JEEBUS this thing PULLS! (I posted the video in 2014, but pretty sure that it was shot in like 2011, not long after the S1000RR was released
        5) I hope that I don't pull Reg off the bike when he's on the gas
        6) man he's smooth
        7) hey look, the mirror almost touched the ground
        8) throttle or brakes, no coasting
        9) that was quick/fun...
        10) watching the video, "man, his lap times are not as good as my own" ... "hey dipstick, he's riding two up with your fat azz on the back"

I'd recommend the experience to anybody that gets the chance. A few years later I did a two up ride with Aaron Stevenson of Cornerspin/Cornerspeed. Great guy and completely different experience, I'll do that breakdown later.
        Matt
        Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
        Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
        Dirt: Honda CRF450X
        IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

Working...
        X