Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW MOA National Rally-2020 moved

Moved to June 2021
    Thank you for registering for the BMW MOA National Rally in Great Falls. Today, the MOA will announce a date change for the Saddle Up & Ride event to June 24-27, 2021. The new date is the same weekend in June, but one year later than originally planned. Rally Chairs Corey & Becky Smith will continue to guide the largest event of the year for us and the location at the Montana State ExpoPark will remain the same for 2021.

Members and guests registered for the National Rally this summer will remain registered for the 2021 dates. If you can ride to Great Falls next year, you don't have to do anything with your registration. Your tickets, t-shirts, RV space - anything you registered for in 2020 - is still intact for the new dates.

Members who cannot attend Great Falls in 2021 or prefer to receive a refund and make a decision about 2021 later have two options - a full cash refund or an event voucher which includes a 20% value bonus. The event voucher is a coupon code that can be used for any BMW MOA event including a National Rally, MOA Getaway or Premier Training event. Event vouchers including the 20% bonus will be valid for all MOA events through December 2022.

To receive a refund or an event voucher including the 20% bonus, members should complete the Refund Request form online by December 31, 2020. Completing the online form allows the MOA staff to efficiently process refund requests as quickly as possible. Members who request a refund should expect confirmation by email within ten days. Beginning January 1, 2021, refunds for the National Rally will be available in accordance with the MOA’s regular refund policy.

Personally, I would like to thank all of you for your support for the National Rally. Whether you have volunteered each year, registered early or sent comments about the current situation, your enthusiasm for the Rally is unmistakable. The Rally Chairs, the MOA Board of Directors and the MOA Membership Team are committed to delivering an exceptional event in 2021 as our way of saying 'thank you for being a member.'

The latest rally news is always available at rally.bmwmoa.org. I promise, there will be lots of news to talk about for 2021!

Sincerely,

Ted Moyer
    Executive Director

I was just talking to Chuck Manley last night and we talked about what they were going to do. He didn't
    have any idea what was going on, but then he can keep a secret.
    We thought that a crowd of 7,000 probably wouldn't be allowed. He said that contracts are signed and
    deposits made. May be some collector 2020 rally shirts for sale soon.
    Thanks for posting.

Comment

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Tim, "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."

• Lee
      Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Mike the 2020 rally shirts have not been printed.

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know Lee, glad they haven't yet. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

If your not one of the ‘In-crowd’ more than likely one will be ignored..so I found out and thus left the MOA...

Comment

• cabnfvr
      cabnfvr commented
      Editing a comment
      Having one of the first K bikes in 1995 the most striking thing about the BMWMOA and BMWRA was the ridicule from twin owners. It unfortunately continues to this day.

The rally rotation will shift one year.

Originally posted by Ted Moyer
    The rotation will simply shift by one year. 2021 will be west. 2022 will be central and 2023 will be east. 2024 will move back to the west. Fargo will not be announced as the Rally site this year. We will hold that announcement or a while.

Ted
    Lee
    Iowa
    2016 R1200RS

Comment

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      One of these times I'll make it out west for a rally.

We won't be attending this event next year. It's not really our crowd. The only reason we were going this year was that it was in Montana, and we hadn't been out west in quite awhile. We prefer the hooligan parties.
    ain't skeered

Comment

• 802Mike
      802Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      I enjoy the nightly circle of chairs with Chuck and Julie Manley.
      His stories usually start with, "We wuz drinkin....."
      Volunteering, seeing old acquaintances and meeting new people is the best !!

• Susan
      Susan commented
      Editing a comment
      Chuck, Julie and a very few others are exceptions. Ironically, we met Chuck and Julie at a BRPR.
Working...
X