September 10 - 13th, 2020 DGR "The Non-Invitational Rally in Maggie Valley"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 10 - 13th, 2020 DGR "The Non-Invitational Rally in Maggie Valley"

The following is the pertinent information on the main rally. We are going to once again do a track day event at the beginning of the week and would like to invite anyone interested to attend. The week will begin with a two day track day event at VIR, followed by the main body of the event by riding the streets around Maggie Valley and the surrounding areas to include Deals Gap, the Cherohala, and all of Western NC and Eastern TN that you can absorb. What follows in this post is the hotel information for the main body of the event.

DGR rally in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
    Starts Thursday, September 10th and check out is Sunday, September 13th.

Rooms are $109 plus tax per night for the Standard room with two queens or $119 plus tax per night for the Creekside Room with two queens. This is for 2 adults. You can also rent a jacuzzi room with one King bed for $149 a night. (prices are the same as last year)

For reservations please call 800-621-1260 and state you are with the DGR group
    Maggie Valley Creekside Lodge
    2716 Soco Road
    Maggie Valley, NC 28751
    http://creeksidelodge.com/

You can make a reservation online by making a special notation in the comments box that you are with our group. The hotel will contact you. We have blocked 15 rooms out of 45 total rooms so call and make your reservations! You can always cancel.

Making discounted reservations is good until August 13th and then special pricing is no longer available. Cancellation is good with a week's notice, anything less than a week, they charge you for a night. The hotel has some other restrictions that will be passed along at the time you make your reservations (no pets, charges for stealing TV remotes, no smoking in rooms, etc.) There are a few secluded areas to smoke if you know what I mean. Ask to be close to the breezeway. This takes you down to the backside of the hotel where there are chairs, tables and a great place to hang out.

Hanging out in the parking lot is permitted as long as we are courteous to our neighbors and those who are lucky enough to rent rooms at the same time. If you have a drink please put it into a cup before putting it into yourself. There are a few charcoal grills available, some lounge chairs, and an area behind the Creekside rooms to share. Overall, a very nice site.

Food and fuel are close. There are four restaurants within .5 miles. Three within .25 miles. Costs per plate range from an average of $10 to $20. There is a steak house where the costs may go up and breakfast is slightly cheaper. Beer can be bought across the street at a small grocery store and there are two liquor stores within 3 miles.**** If the restaurants reopen. As of today, the hotel owners are unsure of who will be restarting and who has closed their doors for good. Talking with Carol, it is nearly impossible to get people to work since they are making more from unemployment than from working as a server or cleaning personnel!!****

Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum is within walking distance as well.

NOTE: theriderspace.com is not an official sponsor of any posted events. Event participation is the sole responsibility of the attendee. Motorcycle riding is potentially dangerous and can result in personal injury or death. You and you alone are responsible for your own safety. Ride within your own ability. Road and weather conditions may change at any time and thereby affect rider safety, so check local conditions regularly.

Here is the information for the VIR Trackday. This is a great track day event!

Cornerspeed

Mid-Atlantic Ducati Owners' Club Track Days | Fun Days at Virginia International Raceway
    Hosted by the Cornerspeed® Schools, Mid-Atlantic Ducati Owners' Club and select Ducati dealers
    April 27th-28th, 2020 -- CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
    September 7th-8th, 2020(North & Full Course)
    Come out to legendary Virginia International Raceway to spend two days on-track with official Ducati Dealers and spectacular new Superbikes from Ducati. This event is open to all brands of motorcycles so bring your bike and experience the thrill of VIR's North Course AND in September, the Full Course wrapped in one event.

Rider Groups available for Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced riders:

Beginner Group: For riders with no track experience, less than 5 track days in the past 24 months, or for returning riders that wish to participate as a Beginner again. Orientation required.

Intermediate Group: For riders that have 5-10 track days in the past 24 months or a school diploma dated within the last 24 months or returning MAD riders that have been approved for this group. Proof of track days and/or diploma required.

Advanced Group: For riders that are licensed racers or have more than 10 track days in the last 24 months or for returning MAD riders that have ridden in the Advanced Group. Must supply a copy of your race license or proof of track days.

All participants will have the opportunity to receive coaching and ride with Cornerspeed® instructors. Additionally, all beginner group participants will experience a Cornerspeed®Track Orientation school at no additional cost. All beginner participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.

Registration Forms:
    Will be posted at a later date.

About Cornerspeed® and the event:
    Cornerspeed®, the official motorcycle school of VIR, has organized & hosted the premier Ducati event for Mid-Atlantic Ducati Owners since 2002.

For further details, please visit our Rider and Bike Requirements page.

Comment

• Susan
      Susan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Joe, for putting this all together. We know how much is involved in planning these shindigs! Since we're not invited, we'll see you and everyone else then!

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent! My plan is coming together!

Maybe next year. We already have a ride planned then in Colorado.
    Lee
    Iowa
    2016 R1200RS

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you doing Colorado in July as well?

• Lee
      Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, going to Colorado twice. Is that allowed
      We already had the September reservation made before Bill announced the July ride.
      We decided to do both rides.

• Capnrip
      Capnrip commented
      Editing a comment
      That's just gluttony Lee! Good for you.

Don't know what will happen between now and then but we're booked. Thanks Joe !!!

Comment

Booked, I am in.

Thanks Joe, you da man!
      Chattanooga, TN
      Certified Hooligan.
      2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Can I come...if I promise to bring MA’s cookies...or even MA her own darn self!👍😏😁

Comment

• aviator
          aviator commented
          Editing a comment
          C'mon Doug. I havent seen you in a while.

• Loggiebone
          Loggiebone commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, Ok. Even if Joe is mean to me. 😉😂

• justjoe
          justjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! It's called tough love. And if anyone needs some tough love it's you Dougie!

I'm in! Looking forward to a great rally!

Comment

• Bmorganjr
          Bmorganjr commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m all in.!!!!!! If joe can can get some permission to Do a little grilling, and be able to leave the barbecue stand up for the duration????

• Bmorganjr
          Bmorganjr commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell by that time , Eric bill, Paul, and Mike could make it!!! ????? Just a thought???? Make boys, dale and u will cook!

• EricM
          EricM commented
          Editing a comment
          Would be nice, just don't know about them borders reopening in time.

Word on the street is that BMJr will be throwing a fish fry on Friday night. Not definite, just what I heard.
        I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

• aviator
          aviator commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in, but we need the spicy batch with a lil more spicy to it.

• 955i
          955i commented
          Editing a comment
          Mani, bring your own quart of pepper sauce!

Just acquired 30 pounds blue gill filets .. working on some crappie

Comment

• Loggiebone
          Loggiebone commented
          Editing a comment
          Geez...flashbacks! Dad and I would fry Lake Erie crappies by the dozen. What a feast!!!👍

• Susan
          Susan commented
          Editing a comment
          A big Thank You in advance, Bill!

I'd like to remind everyone that we are also going to VIR for two track days on Monday and Tuesday of the rally week. Come out, it'll be fun. If you have any questions on how to get your bike ready for the event it is really pretty simple. I know someone who can make a video on what to do for you!!

Comment

Creekside lodge is filling up fast folks, I’d advise y’all book, soon....silent majority is still out and riding, ???? No political statement intended, and if one takes it there, ?? Then you’ll need an invitation, and will be banned from fish fry on Friday night!!!????

Comment

Beth and I are in. Carole at the Creekside doesn't just sit by the phone, so the best way to reserve is on their website. Be sure to mention the DGR. Then she'll call you back and confirm the reservation and send you an email. See you fish-eatin' SOBs there!
            I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

Y’all better book, she will fill up with more than just us!

Comment

Originally posted by Loggiebone View Post
                Can I come...if I promise to bring MA’s cookies...or even MA her own darn self!👍😏😁
                Ma's cookies...it would be worth 7 hours on the slab for them

anyone want a roomie...I don't sore...much
                Last edited by BillGsa; 08-16-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• cabnfvr
                  cabnfvr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They were mighty fine cookies. Yummy !!!!!!!!!!

• Susan
                  Susan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MA is a mighty fine lady!

• aviator
                  aviator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah!!! the cookies.

So I just looked at the calendar, not long now. Is everyone ready?
                I am excited! Bought new shoes for the XR.
                Chattanooga, TN
                Certified Hooligan.
                2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Working...
                X