KHCR 2022 Lil Abner Motel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHCR 2022 Lil Abner Motel

KHCR 2022, August 18, 19, 20 and 21. Li'l Abner Motel, 1000 Natural Bridge Road, Slade Ky. Phone 606-663-5384. wwwlilabnermotel.com Tell them you are using one of Bill Morgans rooms. They are set aside for us and need to be used first. Please make reservations now---there may not be a later. There is no charge for the reservation and you can cancel up to a couple weeks of the event. The facilities are very "in demand" year round - in fact...ours is 2 weeks later than usual due to demand. If you think, hope imagine...contemplate..you get the picture, make your rezs now.
    low miles, well maintained

Matt, thanks for the heads up, I love you guys in KY, and I really love this venue. I'm in, even if I have to sleep on the picnic table.
    Matt
    Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3
    Track: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 750 :: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Dirt: Honda CRF450X
    IBA #25520 - Iron Butting the Blue Ridge Parkway

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Comment

• justjoe
      justjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Matt, you are so mean to people!

• MattB
      MattB commented
      Editing a comment

We have a reservation. We don't want to sleep on a picnic table
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

We're in. The picnic tables do have a cover out back.

Comment

• EricM
        EricM commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah but Matt will be snoring on one of them !

"Yeah but Matt will be snoring on one of them!”

Click image for larger version  Name:	AE00202F-CDD4-429D-9F35-74E3EBBF905F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	34093
      Last edited by MattB; 08-18-2021, 04:55 PM.
      Matt
      Street: 2011 Ducati Multistrada S :: 2000 Honda VFR @ 39k :: 2002 BMW K1200RS @ 13k ... round 3

Comment

• EricM
        EricM commented
        Editing a comment
        Good one Matt, you spent to much time with Tim, you now have a picture for everything!

Well well well , looks like there are to be some Quebecers attending this rally .
      Just did my reservation 2mn ago .
      Can't wait for August to come along !

Comment

• Martin_D
        Martin_D commented
        Editing a comment
        First , it is a bit closer to home ,
        secondly , it gives us the opportunity to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way back ,
        third , the possibility to visit the distilleries instead of drinking the stuff all day during the rides ,
        fourth , Joe is bringing the Bourbon ,
        and finally , if you're lucky you could hear a bit of banjo music in the evening ...

• Martin_D
        Martin_D commented
        Editing a comment
        But if it wasn't such a journey , I'd go back to the Oz rally in a heartbeat !

• Capnrip
        Capnrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome Martin! Wil be great to see you.

Sadly, I've come to find out that I will be missing this fine shindig as my daughter was notified that her college move in day is in the middle of this fine event. Many on here know little Abby, hard to believe that she will be headed off to her freshman year in the fall.

I do not know what the current status is on rooms, but if anyone would like to have mine transferred into their name before I cancel it, please get ahold of me at the earliest, otherwise I will be releasing it in the next 2 weeks or so.
      Matt

Comment

Reckon Bill will need to find help putting up the tent...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSCF3298.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	38804
        ain't skeered

Comment

The Eddie puttin' down the moves.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	1-DSCF3376-001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	38806
          Last edited by Susan; 05-11-2022, 02:03 PM.
          ain't skeered

Comment

• justjoe
            justjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            And MattA is clearly stunned by the display of nimble footedness!

• Loggiebone
            Loggiebone commented
            Editing a comment
            Or…was he just about ready to fall over from “beverages” and Matt is calculating his escape options?

Originally posted by Bmorganjr
          I tried to move it up to June, but……June on their calendar on their books was already booked up that’s how fast they sell out!!!!! the quickest I could get to accommodate our needs was back in August I’m gonna go ahead and rebook June for 2023 that’s how long it takes to get into this place, but, these folks love us and they catered to our needs and we treated them well in returnY’all don’t wanna miss this gathering….
          Bill did you talk to them about a June 2023 date?
          Lee
          Iowa
          2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

this will be the last khcr ...........if anyone wants to continue the event just speak up and take the reins. i am no longer an "active participant" and ed has his reasons. it has been a blast and enjoyed by many. the time has come for a new direction; so if you always wanted to change something - - ...- here is your opportunity to do it your way. a different month, days of the week, motel, area.......
            low miles, well maintained

Comment

Miss seeing you and Eddie, Matt. But time marches on and things change. You guys (and Nadine) have done a great job with this shindig!!!

Comment

The hotel called and still holding a couple rooms for us, I’m gonna tell him to let them go to the public after Wednesday so call them as soon as possible if your on the fence

Comment

We do have the shelter out back booked for Friday and Saturday, to help keep us out of the sun

Comment

I’m talking into the phone but here’s the deal June is booked so forget about it

We have the availability for 12 rooms starting at room number one for August 3 , 4, 5….. check out on six

The other option is August 10, 11, 12,,,, check out on 13

I’ll do it for one more year I need feedback from the regulars via a text or a phone call I need to know in three days to get this locked in and on both weekends the pavilion outback will be available but I need to know ASAP Tim call me I’ve done talk to Matt and Eddie Lee already knows the plan he’ll have to work around us he’s very far away robs easy-going

Comment

Working...
                    X