Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates Lair I-BMW Reunion Party Oct 16th, 2021 : You Are Invited!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiLei View Post
    After consulting with the wife, I believe I will be there with a +1! She knows none of you, has heard some stories, but is a lot like me... for good or bad.

But only one of us will possibly moon the group.
    Was she at the River Inn Texas one year?
    Lee
    Iowa
    2022 R1250RS White Sport

Comment

• ChiLei
      ChiLei commented
      Editing a comment
      YES! She was there in 2017! We just stopped through and only spent one night

Just got another confirmation...I finally got in touch with the elusive Hastings Huggins... He's in... Woohoo!

Comment

OK guys and gals... Does anyone know the names of either of these riders..? This was from a DGR in 2010, I think...

Any clue as to what their names are would be appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post

Was she at the River Inn Texas one year?
        THCR 2017. Mr and Mrs Kyle.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_2355.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	32109

Comment

• EricM
          EricM commented
          Editing a comment
          Kyle looks a little wiser on that picture...must be the gray hair

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          He still owes me a beer for the valve stem he got from my toolbox at a BRPR !

• ChiLei
          ChiLei commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike is correct... that valve stem has not been replaced... though I may be mistaken but I believe it is still on the bike!

Hi Jerry,

Sorry I can’t make both the Non-invitational and your backyard bash… so I’m planning to show up at your place.

I will combine with a trip to S. Carolina for a Ranger mod then drop-in for the motorbike event though I will be bike less. How far from the Vanderbilt castle will we be?

Cut with a curse sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul, damned is your life!

Comment

• Pirate
          Pirate commented
          Editing a comment
          Well look forward to seeing you... with or without a bike.

The Biltmore is about 15 minutes from our place... Agree with 802Mike to buy tickets in advance... There will be a crowd and lines in October...

• ZATO
          ZATO commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do! Thank you for the info.

• 802Mike
          802Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a four mile drive from the main house to the farm where the wine tasting
          is, so leave time for that. The house tour is over an hour. Lots of walking to
          see the gardens. Plan on a whole day there and don't rush....

Where is everyone staying for this shindig?

Comment

• EricM
          EricM commented
          Editing a comment
          as it is I will be staying home :-(

• BillGsa
          BillGsa commented
          Editing a comment
          Booooooooooo

• Pirate
          Pirate commented
          Editing a comment
          There are quite a few motels close.. I like the Ramada at the Lake Lure exit of I-40.. It's within 10 minutes of ground zero and motorcycle friendly...Food right next door. However... the day of the party is right on the edge of leaf peeping season. Best book in advance and cancel if necessary rather than wait until the last minute and be royally screwed.. Just sayin..Hope to see you there, Bill..

Also.. if you are into camping.. there will be room for a few campers.. You'd need to talk with Amber about that..

Tanya and I just got our booster shots and scheduled a covid test.
        Looks like we will be back in Italy from Sept 22 through Oct. 6 [5 weeks.] Finally!!! OCTober 26
        Post lots of pics of the 20 year older friends.
        And I will post a pic on the stelvio pass.
        Last edited by bertbrumfield; 09-13-2021, 09:54 PM. Reason: bad date

Comment

• EricM
          EricM commented
          Editing a comment
          That math doesn't work Bert but have a great trip ...:-)

Jerry, we just got '22 drill dates and guess what? Have to take a rain check. If it changes as everything has in the last few weeks after the "big move out over there" I will make it.
        Chattanooga, TN
        Certified Hooligan.
        2018 S1000XR, 2014 R1200GSAw, 2015 Husqvarna FE501S

Comment

Originally posted by aviator View Post
          Jerry, we just got '22 drill dates and guess what? Have to take a rain check. If it changes as everything has in the last few weeks after the "big move out over there" I will make it.
          Come if you can... Our event needs some "class"..

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
            Pete_Tallahassee commented
            Editing a comment
            HEY! I resemble that remark

• aviator
            aviator commented
            Editing a comment
            I will if there is a change.

Originally posted by ZATO View Post
          Hi Jerry,

Sorry I can’t make both the Non-invitational and your backyard bash… so I’m planning to show up at your place.

I will combine with a trip to S. Carolina for a Ranger mod then drop-in for the motorbike event though I will be bike less. How far from the Vanderbilt castle will we be?

Re.. "Sorry I can’t make both the Non-invitational and your backyard bash…"... I'll assume everyone knows we're just 35 minutes from the non-invitational..Why not do both?

Comment

I called John Woody Famdoc Woodyear this morning, and he and Gloria are in. The magic word was "roadtrip".
            I’d rather think someone’s a son of a bitch than to have him think I’m a son of a bitch.

Comment

• Pirate
              Pirate commented
              Editing a comment
              Excellent.. and good to hear.. I tried to contact him vie email and Facebook and hit nuthin' but air.. Thanks Rob. I'll put them on the list..

BTW.. Just today we got confirmation that we'll have live music at 5pm that day.. Mariachi!

A whisper from Rob's lips is a shout in my ears.

DogWood

Comment

• Susan
              Susan commented
              Editing a comment
              Good news! Can't wait to see Road Wood!

• EricM
              EricM commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to see you here monsieur Wood Zilla!

• Rob
              Rob commented
              Editing a comment
              By the way, love your avatar.

9/20: Hi guys... Thought I'd drop in with a party update... We're less than 4 weeks out and I know many.. .. some... maybe one or two like to plan ahead.

The date is still Sat October 16th

Other than me having a fucking heart attack Sunday (I'm not kidding).. everything is falling into place for the event. Last I counted, we had about 40 guests confirmed. Like every other I-BMW event.. there will be stragglers showing up at the last minute and plenty of no shows. I've heard from some of the Canucks, including Louis. They're still under the weight of Covid restrictions up there. In fact.. Louis had it and it's really fucked him up. Said he hasn't been able to breath well for months. I can't remember the last time I saw him. He will be missed as will many other of our Canadian friends.

That being said... there are many from the old I-BMW days that claim they'll be there. I wont name names in case they can't make it. If you are planning on attending and have not already checked in with us.. please let us know so we can make sure we have enough food for everyone. I should add.. this isn't a designated "motorcycle" rally. We don't care if you ride or drive.

Keep in mind, this is NOT a "rain or shine" event. If it's gonna be wet.. we're gonna cancel. If it was raining the day before the event.. we will cancel. I strongly suggest you check with us 2-3 days prior to make sure it's still happening before making the drive or ride. Pray for good weather.

As things are now...
            We will start serving food and drinks from noon-2pm so if you are coming, you can start showing up as early as 11:30am while we're setting things up. Parking will mostly be in a wide open grassy pasture. Feel free to come and go during the day. I'm sure I will. We'll have live music between 5-6pm and will be offering hot dogs, marshmallows, baby seal nuggets (and any left overs from lunch) after 5pm by the firepit. Not sure exactly when we'll call it day.. Sometime long after dark. We will have a port-a-potty on site. Any questions.. let me know..

Directions to Our Property:
            122 Flat Top Mountain Rd
            Fairview, NC 28730

GPS:
            N 35 degrees 33.000
            W 082 degrees 23.241

Coming from I40- you would get off at exit 53A...once you get to the end of the ramp You can only go east (right) here. You'll be on Hwy 74. Go 3.9 miles.
            Coming from the BRPW.. our exit is right at MM 385 . They'll be (2) Hwy 74 exits off the pky. You'll need to take 74 East. Go 3.5 miles

Make a LEFT on Old Fort Rd- (Between 2 rock vendors) Go EXACTLY 3 miles. You'll see a I-BMW banner on the left at the corner pointing the way..
            Make a LEFT on Flat To Mountain Rd.- Go EXACTLY 8/10ths of a mile and we're on the left.
            You'll see our large black mailbox on the LEFT with a hand-painted # 122 on it. / Also.. you'll see a rock slab with Paradise Ridge Permaculture on it.- Our gravel drive is just before the mailbox..

Coming from Lake Lure..
            You'll be coming into Fairview on Hwy 74. After you pass the light at Cane Creek Rd, look for Miller Rd about 1/4 mile down on the right
            Turn right onto Miller Rd. Go 1.1 miles until it T-bones
            Turn right onto Old Fort Rd. Go 1.3 mi. You'll see a I-BMW banner at the corner on your left pointing the way.
            Turn left onto Flat Top Mountain Rd. Go EXACTLY 8/10ths of a mile and we're on the left. You'll see our large black mailbox on the LEFT with a hand-painted # 122 on it. / Also.. you'll see a rock slab with Paradise Ridge Permaculture on it.- Our gravel drive is just before the mailbox..

Coming from I-85 or I 26.. The most complex route.. Google your way to Cane Creek Rd. Go 6.5 miles and follow it to the end where it T-bones
            Turn left onto US-74 W Alt / Charlotte Hwy. Go .4miles
            Turn right onto Miller Rd. Go 1.2 miles until it T-bones
            Turn right onto Old Fort Rd. Go 1.3 mi. You'll see a I-BMW banner at the corner pointing the way.
            Turn left onto Flat Top Mountain Rd. Go EXACTLY 8/10ths of a mile and we're on the left.
            You'll see our large black mailbox on the LEFT with a hand-painted # 122 on it. / Also.. you'll see a rock slab with Paradise Ridge Permaculture on it.- Our gravel drive is just before the mailbox..

Comment

Heart attack???
              2018 BMW S1000R

2017 Honda CRF250 L ABS

"Where you stand depends on where you sit"
              Rufus E Miles JR.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
                Heart attack???
                Yep... Not the most fun I've ever had... They're going in (via a tube up the leg or arm into the heart) in the am to find out what the malfunction is or if it was just a one-off bad party trick and correct it if needed.. as of today quoting James Brown.. "I feel good."

Comment

• Pete_Tallahassee
                  Pete_Tallahassee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Buena Suerte

• Loggiebone
                  Loggiebone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What the hell dude?! We don't need any more of this serious health shit. Pistol Pete's challenges are more than enough. But, glad you caught the problem before more serious damage.

• Loggiebone
                  Loggiebone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Another piece of good news is that the hospital could get you in to take care of the problem in lieu of all the bed shortage from covid reports.
              Working...
              X